Part 1

Alex's POV

Carl and I were playing with some toy trucks in the dirt when Mom came over.

"What are you two doing?" She chirped as she sat by us.

"Carl found these new trucks! Look!" I grab a yellow one and hold it out to her.

"That's very nice Alex, What about you?, Carl" she asked him.

"Just, playing in the dirt" he sighs.

"It'll be alright you two. This whole thing is going to be over soon and we can go home" he whispers softly.

"Can we go home mom?" I ask her.

"Not yet baby. Come here you two" she opens her arms.

Carl and I get up and run into her open arms. Her small arms wrap around our tiny bodies and she holds us tightly. As we let go of the hug she stands up and brushes off pants.

"Stay where Dale can see you two. I'm going to go grab some berries I'll be right back" she says.

Carl and I both nod at her and continue playing with our trucks. "Vroom" I smash mine into Carl's.

"Hey!" He smashes mine right back and we play with them for a while. Carl occasionally pushes me back and grabs my car, but I end up putting dirt on his clothes and take it back.

"Hey Sofia!" I look up and see Sofia standing over Carl. "Do you want to play trucks with us there's an extra one right there" I add.

Sofia nods and sits herself down in between Carl and I. "This is fun!" She squeals.

"Yea it is. We should race. Do you guys want to!" Carl smiles at us.

"Sure!" Sofia and I say at almost the same time.

We make our way to Dales RV and set up a starting line. From there to a tree by the woods is where we'll be finishing. "3.2.1...Go!" Carl yells before getting a head start.

"Hey! That's not fair" I chase after him, Sofia close behind me. All three of us laugh, as we collide into each other at the end. Forgetting about winners and losers we sit on the dirt floor laughing.

"Tag your it" I lightly punch Carl's arm. Sofia and I split off going different ways as Carl follows her.

I keep running around camp hiding from Carl and Sofia until I bump into something hard and fall to the floor with a small umph'.

Looking up I see the stone hard face of Daryl Dixon. He stares at me for a while looking like he almost wanted to walk away, but he stuck his hand down to me. "Come er' kid" he said gruffly.

I grab his big hand, and wipe off the dirt from my butt. "Sorry, Mr. Dixon" I look to the floor.

"It's alrigh' whatcha doin' runnin' all over the place" he asks motioning towards the camp.

"Oh um...Carl, Sofia and I were playing tag and I was running from them" I look up to his tall form.

I see a giant metal thing on his back, and I look at it confused. "What's that on your back?" I point to it turning my head to try and get a better look.