eight

something real
-
-
-
-
"happiness, or feel(ings)"

Having a good time

Verb. The act of enjoying something, most likely something you thought you would not enjoy.

Ex. Annabeth is having a good time in life currently, which she was not expecting.

[●][●][●]

It started the day she was back. Annabeth was going in to school, prepared to turn up her music and pretend everyone surrounding her weren't there, but she couldn't once she looked up, not being able to not look up.

There it was, a big blue and red poster saying in huge, block letters 'WELCOME BACK, ANNABETH. WE MISSED YOU'.

I glanced back, smiling to see Percy.  He wasn't there, but a text message from an unknown caller was.

410-555-0099
Not everyone hates you.

Me
How the hell did you get my number, latte?

410-555-0099
Your Facebook profile. You really should delete the status from 2014. 'New phoneText with numbers. ☺☺☺☺☺ 410-555-7459'

I shut off my phone to this, laughing and internally punching myself because I really should've deleted that. And changed the privacy settings.

After glancing up at the poster a couple times too many I did notice things other than Annabeth written there, such as slut-face, loser, and lots of other explicit things. But this time, this time was different. This time, I didn't care.

It was lunch too, that day. I was eating some fries because why not, because I thought I could handle the insults spewed at me when I ate something other than a grilled cheese.

"Embracing your weight then?" Someone told me, probably Alax. (I felt kinda bad for the guy, since his name sounded like a cleaning brand.)

I wasn't taking it today. 

"Alax, I'd say yes but you're eating fries at this exact moment. Is that binge eating to take the pain away of not making the football team?" I said, grinning.

Everyone gasped, smiling but really trying not to for the sake of their reputation.

"I made it to final cuts, what did you make it to, final 'oh my god he's kidnapped me?'"

Everyone was watching us like we were wrestling.

"'Oh my god my entire life is based on my relationship status?'"

Alax swung his fist at my face, but Percy caught it. 

"Honestly man what do you have against her?" Percy said, lazily.

Alax spat. "What do I have against her? What does she have against me?"

Percy laughed, knee against Alax's throat. "I don't know, human rights?"