The Slut is in a Rut

Perry focused on one thing in life. It was men. She jumped from guy to guy since the age of 15. Nothing could stop her from keeping her hands off with every boy she came in contact with. Her childhood was destroyed by it. She lost all her female friends. Backstabbing was her favorite past-time. She couldn't resist a joyride, it was what she was best at.

Other than losing any normal connection with her peers, her parents were tired of her. After high school, she was kicked out. Having her little minimum wage job, barely got her an apartment. Starting to give up on life, she turned to drugs. It filled holes a man couldn't. It helped her escape her reality. Reality really sucked.

Finally, by 23, she sought help at the hands of her roommate. She went to rehab, turning her life around, and went to college. She went to get a degree in accounting. She never got the grades but her work was phenomenal. In high school, she got a perfect score on the SAT for math. Her IQ was 145, but her slacking and craving for human attention and warmth never helped her reach her true potential.

This was her chance. For almost 3 years she kept a 3.8 GPA and even could graduate early. But... during her last semester, she found out that she was pregnant. Could it be the professor? Could it be her roommate? Could it be the officer who didn't give her a ticket? Inundated with questions, she cried herself to sleep.

She finally gained her parent's trust and this had to happen. It just had to happen now. When she was about to graduate. When she was making something of herself. She looked back at all the times she messed up.

She woke up the next day late. Mascara stained her cheeks from the night before. There was no time to wipe her messy tears. She rushed to class. Her stuff falling out of her hands faster than a bullet train. She couldn't care less. Why should I care? She thought. After all, I didn't change clothes, brush, my teeth, do my hair, or put on any shoes. Crap! No shoes.

She got into the door, everyone looked her way. Disgusted looks were all she saw. What is this high school? Mind your own business. Too many messy people these days. The teacher asked a question that slipped through Perry's mind. She didn't hear a word.

"Ms.Scott. Ms.Scott... Ms.Scott! Please sit down and answer the question." The professor said. "Or...I can just see you after class." He winked.

Tired of his crap just to get an A was enough. She yelled at the top of her lungs. "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She ran to her car. She grabbed her key and got in. Not knowing where to go, she drove.

One thing she didn't think of was gas. Her car stopped close to the side of the highway. It was close enough to not get hit but she didn't want to take chances. She got out of the car and sprinted to the clear zone.

She looked down and saw a river. This was a way out. It would be wonderful to not carry these burdens anymore. She had nothing to gain from this but also nothing to lose. It would be easy to fade away. To become nothing.

The baby wouldn't even have a life. I could never be a mother. Look, I'm actually at the edge. It's a sign, right? Whatever, this baby would be better having a mule as a mother than me. She thought at last.

The tear, that she thought would be her last, fell. She flipped off the world and closed her eyes as one foot left the ground. "Stop!!!!" a voice cried out in the distance. It has an honest concern in their tone.

She was startled by it and fell. Mission accomplished. She fell into the river. She felt the wetness consume her. She let go. No concerning voice could save her now.