Tick, Tok, Don't let it go off

Labor was much more than Perry expected. She was opting for an all-natural birth. She thought with a few breathes and pushes, her baby would slip right out of her. This was not the case. Not only did it not only take it one hour, it barely took less than a day. A cool, collected birth turned into a screaming, sweaty one. Originally, she wanted to listen to calm lofi beats and a zen atmosphere.

Actually it was everything except zen. The first five minutes she was already begging for every drug out there. Vaughn and Doss witnessed a woman they never have seen before. A shiver went sent down their spine. She was the equivalent of hulk saying hulk smash. She drifted off to sleep as soon as it was all said and done. Vaughn, especially, was happy to see her be calm for once that day. She found a perfect opportunity to step out for a smoke break.

The nurse brought a beautiful baby girl into the room. She was cooing in Doss's loving arms. The nurse was curious about their situation. She ignored it to look at the vitals. The nurse couldn't ignore how loving she looked in his arms. "Your baby girl is so beautiful. I know where she got her looks."

"Haha, no ma'am. I'm not the father."

"Then... are you single?" The nurse asked

Doss started laughing and Vaughn basically flew through the door. "Actually, I'm the woman in his life. Back off before that pretty face of yours isn't so pretty." Vaughn hissed like a snake.

"Okay, grandma." The nurse rolled her lies and slammed her door on the way out.

"I will hurt that girl." Vaughn yelled.

"Shh... The baby is sleeping."

"Oh, sorry." Vaughn calmed down staring into the baby's big brown eyes. This was the moment that her life seems to not be falling into pieces. She daydreamed of this being her family. They finally had a child that they wanted so badly for so many years and they were happy. She cherished this time. What would make it perfect is aif she held her in her arms. She reached for the baby but as soon as she did the baby wailed violently.

Vaughn was taken back by the child's dissatisfaction with her. This was her fantasy, couldn't last a little longer?

Perry woke up a few seconds later responding to her daughter's cries.

"Whee is she? I wanna see her." Perry called for her.

With resistance, she handed over what seemed to be her own blood. A hint of sadness overcame Vaughn watching how easily Perry calmed down the fussiness. The baby wasn't hers and it was clear that she didn't fit into the fantasy she made. Perry did.

A start of built resentment happened that day. She watched and smiled like everything was fine. But hatred was building that no one could she, not even herself. It would only be time before it exploding. No one could be safe from an unexpected bomb. Not even a harmless baby...