A time for life, a time for death

Perry was wheeled out of the hospital, a day later, with her baby in her hands. Doss was rolling her out. They fit the Hollywood, perfect family look. Vaughn trailed behind them. The distance mentally between them was much greater than any stride could show.

Doss opened the front door of his truck. Vaughn assumed it was first her. She practically leaped with excitement. Doss wasn't romantic in so long. Her spirits died down when Doss picked up Perry and helped her in the front seat. Vaughn was left to fend for herself.

She was in the backseat stewing. She felt her efforts to contribute to the  conversation fruitless. She just watched the baby sleep peacefully through the side mirror. She dawned on the last time she felt peacefully like that. It was the day before Perry showed up.

She finally decided to talk and asked why Perry's man didn't drive her.

"He's just going to get baby stuff. He wants to be extra prepared." Perry held her baby closer. "He wants to make sure me and my baby are taken care of."

"Isn't it a little late for that?" Vaughn tried to rattle her.

"Better late than never, I guess."

They sat in the living room waiting for his arrival.  He finally showed up with plenty of diapers and formula.

She passed the baby to Vaughn and ran to hug outside. She gave him plenty of kisses and grabbed his hand to lead him inside.

The baby was a spiraling mess in Vaughn's arms. Marko made a comment on how noisy the baby was. Perry swaddled the baby abd she fell asleep. Then Marko fell in love with the little baby. He kept trying to touch her and Perry instructed him how to. She had to also reminded him that she was fast asleep.

They all founded over the little girl. Vaughn felt the need to throw Perry out on the street but she refrained.

Less than a week, Vaughn got her wish. Perry had moved out and moved in with Marko. They seemed to have it all together. Marko was ready to be a substitute father. He was learning to change diapers and everything.

They were visiting the couple every week then it became further between each visit. The visits seemed to only be during holidays. Soon the visits seemed to stop altogether.

Doss and Vaughn moved on with their lives and were happy like before. Perry seemed to only be a passing memory at this point.
They saw her sometimes in the store or in the diner and said few words but other than that she wasn't an interference. Vaughn had calmed down and Dods was helping her with her issues.
They were warming up and being the couple they wished to be.
Their anniversary was coming up and they decided to go on a trip.

It was their first time on a trip together in years. They were both excited but Vaughn especially. She talked about it nonstop to anyone who would hear.

The day of the couple were quite the lovebirds. They were kissing every given moment and barely let each other go. They almost didn't leave because they were so attached. Vaughn pulled his hands away to finally go.

"We gotta go,baby. We can do this all at the bed and breakfast." She pulled away.

Doss pulled her back in and kissed her on the forehead. "I'm gonna go put the bags in the car and then get you and take you out princess style."

He let go and Vaughn felt a tremor of fear. She didn't want to let go of his hand. He reminded her that he loved her and would be right back. He didn't mean to lie that day but he did.

He brought the bags and saw Perry in the front yard. She was crying holding her daughter's friend. He dropped the bag to go rush to her. He was gonna rescue her like he did the first day he met her.

Vaugh lost her husband that day.