Chapter 1

Note:

Additional Cast:

Toru Uchikado as Ren Kurosawa

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Ansel Elgort as Matthew "Matt" Foster

Alice's POV

I was sleeping deeply until I felt the sun touching my face and begging me to wake up, but honestly I am just too lazy to get out of my bed. I ignore the sun rays and I turn to the other side to continue my sweet sleep. Suddenly, I hear someone shouting my name and then a hand starts shaking me.

"Alice you sleepyhead, wake up! We are going to miss breakfast!"

I turn around annoyed and open my eyes to face my sleep intruder. Obviously it's my best friend Ren!

"Are you insane? Don't you know that I hate people forcing me to wake up?" I spat at him.

"Come on it's almost 10! We are going to miss the day!" he says putting his innocent face on.

"God! We are on vacation! That's the point! Sleep on daylight and spend the night out" I reply throwing a pillow towards him.

"I had my doubts but now I am sure that you are a vampire." he says with a smirk on his face while catching the flying pillow.

I was ready to answer back, but he knows that if we keep doing that, we will be stuck in this room forever.

"I'll go down to meet the others! Get dressed and come find us." he warns me and starts to leave.

"Don't be late!" he shouts closing the door behind him.

I frown and I fall to bed again, like the way the magnet pulls the metal. Just 10 more minutes I thought or maybe 30!

Ren really enjoys doing this knowing that I hate being woken up, especially on summer days, but I can't be mean to him for more than 5 seconds! He's my best friend after all and I know him since forever.

When I was only 3 years old my father announced to my mother that we had to move from Washington D.C to Tokyo, because of his job as an Interpol agent, so without realizing it we were in Japan. My father was partner with Ren's dad, so I ended up hanging out with him at the playground and tossing sand on his face. 

After 3 years, both families moved to London, because Interpol needed assistance for terrorists' attacks there. That was the place, where my mother died among others in the US embassy. I was about 9 back then, but I still have faded memories of her. My dad became overprotective after the event and tried to keep me safe and that included focusing more on my martial arts training.

 Ren and I grew closer to each other, since he was there for me and helped me get over my mum's death. After all these years we are like siblings now, even if we have been living in Washington D.C for the last 2 of them, since my dad joined the FBI in order to not have to travel across the globe, and Ren returned to Tokyo to complete his high school there. 

But that doesn't give him the right to wake me up on summer vacations. Especially the last day of them, a few days before college starts.

I stand up still dizzy from sleep and I inspect myself at the mirror. God I look horrible! Frankenstein would look better than me even in his dead days. My brown long hair is like a pack of straws and I have to look decent in less than 10 minutes! Come on Alice you can do this.

After finishing all the morning routine I look around the hotel room, which is full of clothes and girl's stuff thrown around literally everywhere and I reach my suitcase to find something to wear. I put on a pair of jean shorts, which brings out my curvy body and a white strapless blouse. I make my hair a really quick meatball and I rush downstairs with my cell and the card key at hand to find Ren and the rest of our friends, who decided to come visit me from Europe for the summer.