Chapter 53

Notes:

Additional cast:

Keiynan Lonsdale as Vincent Brown

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Sophie Turner as Ashley

Vanessa's POV

"Good morning everybody!" I raise my voice as I step in the paper's office. I've missed this place, I haven't been here for almost three weeks.

"Good morning , Vanessa." Vincent greets me. "How are you?"

"Good and so relieved the exams are finally over! Here, take one. I brought cookies!" I open the big box I got from the coffee shop. They had so many christmas inspired cookies in different shapes and flavors I couldn't help but buy a bunch of those.

"Wow, thank you." He takes a Christmas tree-like cookie. "Mmm, that's good, really good." He says as he takes a bite and I giggle.

"How did your exams go?" I ask him with concern. Vincent is a freshman like me and we share a lot of common classes.

"Pretty good I would say. Well, except Introduction in Journalism. That last question came out of nowhere!"

"Yeah. It was a tricky one but Professor Walsh had explained the exact difference during his last lecture."

"Really? Damn it. I missed the last lecture, I was sick." He licks the sugar from his fingers and I give him an encouraging nod to take another cookie.

"Oh, I haven't noticed you weren't at class. I could have sent you my notes. Next time, let me know." I offer smiling.

"Thank you, Vanessa." Vincent tells me before he takes a bite from his second cookie but Anna comes from behind and takes it from his hand.

"Hey! That was brutal." He crosses his arms pouting.

"You should be careful with your cookies, little boy." Anna raises an eyebrow at him. "Mmm, this is delicious, V!"

"There is plenty for everyone. Here." I point inside the box I am holding and both Vincent and Anna go for another cookie as well.

"You are the best, Vanessa" Anna says with closed eyes as she enjoys a Rudolph-like cookie.

"I am glad you like it. Where is Ashton?" I ask after taking a glare in the room.

"Mr Loverboy is at his office. I am sure he will be more than happy to see you." Anna raises an eyebrow at me and Vincent laughs.

"That's enough." I scold them both closing the box with the cookies and head to the end of the hallway. Ashton's door is open and I get in. He is talking on the phone but he smiles at me the second he sees me. He raises his finger in the air to show his phone call won't take long and gestures to me to sit on the sofa. He is wearing a green sweater along with a jean shirt on the inside. It points out perfectly his eyes colour. If my eyes are considered special because they are green, Ashton's eyes are ten times more special. They are captivating and always accompany his smile.

"Sorry for that." He apologizes putting the phone down. "How are you, Vanessa?" Here he is, smiling to me with his eyes as well smiling from his cheeks.

"There is nothing to feel sorry about." I smile back at him. "I am fine and happy to be back."

"I am happy you are back, too." He smirks and I giggle.