Chapter Four

Alrighty then, this one is pretty short. I know, I'm sorry, but with Christmas and all this other stuff, I had no time. Sorry again. Let's go.

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth.

You belong to you.

I own nothing, sad I know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N): Good morning Team GOLD!

The rest of my lazy team grogily awake, lazy butts.

Davis: Five more minutes.

Lilac: What do you want, you crazy weirdo.

Orchid just throws Slow Death, her Dust injection knife, at my head, narrowly missing.

(Y/N): Awww, love you too, Fluffy.

Lilac: What time is it?

(Y/N): It's four.

Lilac and Davis: What!?!

(Y/N): In the morning.

Lilac and Davis: Why!?!

(Y/N): Because punctuality is the key to success.

Lilac: Now you just sound like Ms. Goodwitch.

(Y/N): Like mother like son... That was a joke. We're nothing alike. Anyway I was bored so I already took the liberty of unpacking everyone's stuff and systematically placing them in order according to size, owner and colour.

Davis: You really are crazy.

(Y/N): And you're stuck with me, let's see how well you do.

Lilac: I'm going back to sleep.

Davis: Me too.

(Y/N): Fine, I don't need friends.

I open the window, I've got like five hours to do whatever. I've always wanted to try and tame a Nevermore, this is a good time to try that.

Five hours later, Lilac's POV.

We're in Port's class, well the OLD of GOLD is, that sounds weird. Where is he? Wait, I'm actually worried about him? Oh my dust, he's actually forced the sibling relationship on us. Damn! Suddenly Teams RWBY and JNPR burst through the door, late. Well it could be wors- And there he is, casually walking through the door, his clothing is torn and he has a few cuts, what did that idiot do?

(Y/N): I'm good, don't panic.

He begins to use his aura to heal a few of the wounds.

(Y/N)'s POV

I sigh, I was having such fun, then the kingdom's defences just had to shoot us down, poor Crowly. I find the rest of Team GOLD, huh, they don't seem fazed, at all. I walk up next to Lilac and sit down.

Port: Care to explain this Mr. Goodwitch? Do you need to go to the Infirmary?

(Y/N): Got bored, Sir. And no, I think I only broke ten bones.

Port: Well, I'll let you off this time, let's start then. Monsters! Demons... prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names. But I, merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah! Haha.

I think I can hear crickets chirping.

Port: Uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. Now as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...

He clicks his tongue at Yang. Creepy.

Yang: Uhh, hehe...

Port: Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... The very world!

Student: Eyyy-yeah!

All of us turn to look at him, he takes the hint and sits back down.

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first, a story. A tale of a young, handsome, man. Me. When I was a boy, blah blah blah...

I can't even hear him anymore, thanks Brain. I hear scribbling and look at the row below us, seeing Ruby scribbling something.

Port: Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter," he told me, blah blah blah...

I once again hear sounds, giggling, coming from the row below me. Ruby has drawn a childish depiction of Port with the annotation "Professor Poop". It's good to see she's taking her education seriously. But it's even better to see the look of pure anger on Weiss's face.

Port: In the end the beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity. And I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high. Celebrated, as a hero.

He's not going to bo- He's bowing.

Port: The moral of this story? A true huntsman must be honourable.

Ruby is breaking the laws of physics by balancing a pencil, book and an apple, somehow.

Port: A true huntsman must be dependable.

She's sleeping, somehow. Did I get concussed by Crowly's untimely crash and start hallucinating?

Port: A true huntsman must be strategic. Well-educated... And wise!

And now she's picking her nose. A huntress-in-the-making, truly. Oh, Weiss is about to explode, for her second time at Beacon no less.

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss's hand shoots up at blinding speed.

Weiss: I do sir!

Port: Well then, let's find out. Step foward, and meet your opponent.