Chapter Five

Late, I know, I'm ashamed. Sorry.

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth.

You belong to you.

I own nothing, sad I know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weiss prepares her blade and gets ready to face the dark beast trapped within the cage.

Yang: Gooo Weiss!

Blake waves a red flag with "RWBY" written on it in white. When did she ev- No, just don't question it anymore.

Blake: Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent Team RWBY!

Weiss just looks at Ruby, clearly annoyed.

Weiss: Ruby, I'm trying to focus.

Good to see that Weiss appreciates her supportive friends.

Ruby: Oh, sorry.

Port: Alright. Let the match, begin.

He slashes down with his axe-blunderbuss, which honestly seems more of a threat to the wielder considering the placement of the blades.

A Boarbatusk emerges, growling and snarling at Weiss. It charges at her, she gets a slash on the creature as she sidesteps to avoid it.

Port: Haha, wasn't expecting that were you?

He's purposely trying to distract her.

Ruby: Hang in there Weiss!

They charge at each other, not the smartest strategy. Myrtenaster gets trapped in the tusks of the Grimm, she flails in an attempt to dislodge her blade.

Port: Bold, new approach. I like it!

He likes what she's doing? He's set his standards low.

Ruby: Come on Weiss, show it who's boss!

Weiss turns to Ruby, causing the beast to disarm her, R.I.P. Weiss I guess. It bashes her with its thick skull, sending her tumbling.

Port: Now what will you do without your weapon?

She could throw money at it. That seems like a Schnee thing to do.

The Grimm charges again, she narrowly avoids by rolling, causing the beast to hit the stands. She manages to reclaim her Rapier.

Ruby: Weiss, go for it's belly! There's no armour underneath-

Weiss: Stop telling me what to do!

That seems a little harsh, she's just trying to help. The Boarbatusk rolls into a ball and charges the Ice Queen. That seems familiar, a blue hedgehog maybe? Weiss creates a glyph, stunning it and exposing its weak spot. She jumps onto another glyph and stabs the Grimm, killing it.

Port: Bravo! Braa-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned reading and, stay vigilant. Class dismissed.

Weiss says nothing and walks away, not even looking at her team.

Jaune: Sheesh, what's with her?

Ruby follows Weiss, as do I, except I'm invisible.

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: What!

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you being-

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader and all you've been so far is a nuisance.

Ruby scoffs in response.

Ruby: What did I do?

Weiss: That's just it, you've done nothing to earn your position. Back in the forest you acted like a child and you've only continued to do so.

I decide I've enough of this and deactivate my semblance.

(Y/N): And what did you do in the forest? Under pressure Ruby was the one who had a plan and in the end, she decapitated the Nevermore. You worked well as a team, but Ruby lead that team and she did it well. You can't change it, so accept it instead.

Weiss: How dare you! I've studied, and trained, and quite frankly, I deserve better. Ozpin made a mistake.

She storms off.

Ozpin: Hmm. Now that didn't seem to go very well.

(Y/N): What gave it away?

Ruby: Is she right? Did you make a mistake?

Ozpin: That remains to be seen.

Ruby: What to you mean?

Ozpin: I mean it's only been one day. Ruby, I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. But at this moment I would not consider your appointment as leader to be one of them. Do you? Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you are not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you? You've been burdened with a daunting responsibility, Ruby. I advise you take some time, to think about how you will uphold it.

(Y/n): Yeah, what he said.

Later that day.

It's night and I'm walking around, being a true insomniac you could say. However I see Weiss entering her dorm with coffee in her hand, I walk over to the door and push my ear to it.

Weiss: Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a good leader. Just know, that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have. Good luck studying... That's wrong by the way.

I hear footsteps approach the door and go invisible as Weiss walks out but before she closes it she pokes her head back in.

Weiss: Hey Ruby?

Ruby: Uh-huh?

Weiss: I always wanted bunk beds as a kid.

She closes the door and I appear again.

(Y/N): And Weiss's heart grew three sizes that day.

Weiss: Are you always following me?!?

(Y/N): Pssh, you wish.

Weiss: Yeah, that you'd go away.

(Y/N): I retract my first statement.