Chapter Six

Haven't updated in a while, I know, I'm sorry. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Hope you enjoy!

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth.

You belong to you.

I own nothing, sad I know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaune pants heavily as Cardin looks down at him. He lets off a small chuckle, his mace resting on his shoulder.

Jaune: Come on...

Jaune charges, swinging his sword over his head at Cardin. However, he easily avoids it by sidestepping to the side and smacking his weapon into Jaune, causing him to go flying and drop his shield. Jaune holds his sword with both hands and makes another futile attempt at hitting Cardin. He simply uses the handle of his mace to block Jaune's sword and pushes him back.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-

Cardin knees him in the groin. Ouch. He then proceeds to raise his mace high and prepares to bring it crashing down. Fortunately, the buzzer sounds and the large spotlights switch off and Sata- I mean my Mother, walks onto the stage.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough. Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... Defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Glynda: The Vytal Festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing!

Looking over I see Yang punching the air in anticipation, Weiss actually smiling and Ruby, being the cookie fuelled monster that she is, looks like she's going to explode with excitement. My partner has a confident smirk on her face, Davis practicing his semblance by creating small, glowing aura arrows and Orchid sharpening her knife, creepy.

Glynda: Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

The bell rings as Pyrrha sadly looks at Jaune, who appears to be wallowing in sadness.

Later, Cafeteria.

Nora: So... there we were... in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Nora continues to tell her story as Yang, Davis and Ruby listen in interest, Blake reads a book and Weiss files her nails. Lilac and Orchid are also reading a book, 'How to Kill Your Crazy Leader'. Should I be worried? Nah, I'm sure it's fine.