Missing Person

"You've reached the voicemail of the Tony Stark. So I'm either busy or ignoring you. Sorry-Not that sorry. If you're cool, leave a message.If not, don't bother. Stark out."

Putting my phone down next to me, I sigh heavily. A cold night breeze sweeps my hair from my shoulders, the bare skin exposed to the night chill. When I put in a request for a roof garden for when I need to escape it all, Tony understood. But now, sitting here not knowing what's happening, I feel just as suffocated as inside. Twinkling stars peer down on me, sending my skin crawling.  I'm particularly on edge tonight- Something feels wrong and as much as I try I can't shake it.Usually I have Tony, a mutual soul, to talk it out with. Now there is an empty space.

"Kat?"

I jump, clutching my chest. The trap door opens from below with a charming creak I have grown to love. Swivelling round, I meet the bright eyes of Pietro and I smile. He looks goofy, stuck out of the roof like a floating torso (An incredibly gorgeous floating torso.) with his light hair floating wildly in the breeze.

"P, you scared me!"

"Scared you?" Pietro pulls himself out of the trapdoor, his biceps barely straining "the great Katie Sheridan scared, who would have thought." He grins, accent thick.

"Glad that I'm sending out the right impression." I laugh, patting the space next to me.

Pietro is next to me in a blue blur instantly, making me jump again. He laughs lightly.

"Why am I not used to that by now.." I mutter, reaching for his hand.

"Because..." Pietro leans in close, his face barely inches from my own. So close, I can feel his warm breath tickle my cheek. He smells like peppermint. "I'm wildly unpredictable. You find it very attractive."

I blush furiously. Pietro smiles, his eyes twinkling mischievously, as he leans back in his seat to look at the stars above.

"Youre very cute when your embarrassed Sheridan. "

I blush more. Sometimes I hate the blood capillaries in my cheek for being so eager to make me look like a living tomato.

"Quiet, Speedy." I roll my eyes, trying to cover my embarrassment and failing miserably.

For what seems like eternity, it is just me, Pietro and the stars.

"Beautiful.." Pietro murmurs.

"They are," I reply, mesmerised by the tiny constellations that I once felt trapped by. Having Pietro beside me, our pulses beating together, makes me feel safe. He makes me feel safe. I turn my head to look at him and he is staring straight back.

"You are."

Suddenly my phone rings, "cherry bomb" by the Runaways, Ripping through the moment. I know whose ringtone that is. Quickly I grab my phone, my finger hovering over answer.

"Stark?" Pietro asks confused and slightly jealous, eyeing my pause.

"I'm sorry Pietro..I need to get this.."

Pietro open his mouth to say something before shaking his head.

"Go ahead. Find me when your finished." He presses a quick kiss to my temple,Then he is gone. Only a blue trail is left to prove he was even here.