Chapter 13: I will never, ever get back together with you...

"What are you doing here?" asking in shock as he stood there a few feet away from me. 

"Can't a guy come visit his old flame?" smugly asking me. 

"No. That's why they are called old flames. You don't just show up out of nowhere to your exes' office for a... why are you here again?" 

"Well..." drawing the word as he slowly walked up to me and cupped the side of my face. "... I was in the neighborhood and thought maybe I can come see my beautiful girl."

Ugh, is he serious?

Pulling my face from his touch I stepped back. "Well you saw me now leave. I'm busy Joe." walking past him to my desk.

"So I hear that you've made a name for yourself, congratulations."

Looking up at him with a raised eyebrow I stared at him. "You've been keeping track of me?"

"You can say that."

"Why?"

"Why not?" nonchalantly shrugging his right shoulder while smirking at me. To think I would find that cute on him before.

Staring at him suspiciously I sit down on my chair not taking my eyes off of him. He was up to something and I needed to know why. "Cut the b.s. Joe and tell me why the hell you show up after almost four years of me dumping your cheating lying ass."

Walking around my desk and sitting on it he looks down at me. "I kind of miss your sassy mouth... among other things." bringing his hand up he traced my lips with his index finger.

"Please don't touch me and just leave. I'm sure Nicole wouldn't appreciate knowing that you were here visiting me. Not that it matters since you were screwing her behind my back and she knew about it." pulling away from his touch again.

"Ah baby girl, you still upset about that?" cooing at me like he used to do when I was pissed at him.

"Upset? Ha, I've been over you for a long time Joe." standing up from my chair. "Now, you've wasted enough of my time so leave." pointing to the door.

Grinning at me he stood up to his full height of six feet. "Why are you being such a bitch to me Layla. After what we had I thought maybe..." he began to say but I cut him off.

"Don't... do not finish that sentence."

"What? That I think you and I can start all over? Come on baby. It's been years now and like you said, you've gotten over the fact that I cheated on you with Nicole. Let by gones be by gones." stepping closer to my personal bubble.

Squinting my eyes at him I began to laugh. "Hahahahahahahaha." I know he must of thought I went crazy. Did he really say that to me?

Stopping my crazy laugh I glare at him. "I will never, ever get back together with you." I know, I should have started singing Taylor Swift but I wasn't in the mood.

Turning away to leave, Joe had the nerve to grab me by my forearm pulling me roughly to his chest. "Again, why are you being such a bitch to me? I said I think we can work things out and you laugh in my face?" raising his voice a few inches from my face.

"Let me go. Now Joe. There is no way en el demonio that I will work things out with you." gritting as I tried to snatch my arm from his grip.

"No seas asi mi vida. (Don't be like that my love)." speaking to me in Spanish.

Putting my hand on his chest I tried pushing him away from me but his grip on my arm tightened. Oh, this cabron (dumbass) is going to pay for manhandling me.