Chapter 14: "Emergency"...

#853 in Romance

Kiran's P.O.V.

Looking across the table at Layla I smile widely. This is actually the first time since I've come back that we were together without her ignoring me and me begging for forgiveness.

"What?" she asked squinting her eyes suspiciously.

Chuckling while shrugging I say. "This..." pointing to her then me. "... I miss this. I miss you. I miss us." grabbing her hand in mine.

"Yeah, me too." giving me a small smile but then pulled her hand away making me frown.

 Silence fell between us. Why is this becoming awkward between us?

"So... Joe." breaking the silence which was killing me.

"Yeah... Joe." biting her lower lip. Something she did when she was in deep thought.

Leaning forward on the seat I grabbed her hand, this time in between both my hands so she wouldn't pull away. "Short stuff, he isn't worth you being upset or mad over. He is a piece of sh*t that never deserved you."

Staring into my eyes she exhaled. "I know that Ky. I've been over him for a long time now. It's just that-." stopping mid sentence.

"It's just what Layla?"

Shaking her head from side to side she went to speak but the ringing from my cell stopped her. Grunting I ignored it. Who ever it was can leave a message. "Sorry. Continue." smiling at her.

"It's just that-." starting again but my phone rang.

Annoyed I pulled out my phone to mute it but Layla stopped me. "Just answer Kiran. It may be important." pulling her hand away.

Sighing, I answered it keeping my eyes on her. "Hello?"

"Finally you answer! Where are you?" hearing Amelia's voice on the other line.

Not responding right away I see Layla get up from her chair, my eyes followed her as she walked over to the office window.

"Kiran!" forgetting that she was on the line.

"Sorry, what?" confused.

"Ugh, never mind. I need you to come over to my parent's house. It's an emergency." 

Widening my eyes from what I hear I stand up. "All right, I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Okay, see you in a bit." ending the call.

"Is everything alright?" hearing Layla ask.

"I don't really know. Amelia called saying there was an emergency and to go over her parent's house." walking up to her.

"Oh, well go." 

"I'm sorry short stuff. I wanted us to talk. We need to talk." cupping the side of her face. I didn't want to leave her but I had to make sure everything was all right at Amelia's parent's house.

Placing her hands over mine she smiled. "You don't need to apologize Kiran. She is your fiance and they are going to be your in-laws. They come first."

How could she think that?  "Leyla, you are important also. Don't ever forget that." kissing her forehead as I hugged her tightly. I missed holding her in my arms and her holding me back in her warm embrace.

Not wanting to let go, she lightly pushed me off of her. "Go Kiran, let me know if everything is well, okay?" 

"I will. Talk to you later?" asking to make sure that we are able to talk.