Talk

(Dannie's pov)

"Can someone please Talk" Nash asked looking back at us. I just stared out the window with my hands in my lap. After I told Hayes about what happened at the cafe we had a little "talk".

"Hayes I don't think we should date anymore" I said feeling the emotion just poor out of me like a bowl of cereal.

"Danni please. We can prot-" I cut him off with words I didn't think would ever leave my lips.

"I can't love you anymore. Not with what's going on" the words rolled off my tongue like sand paper. I stood up from the bench and walked over to mahogany and sat down at the little outside table with an umbrella in the center, shading the table.

I sat down and closed my eyes forcing the tears to stay back.

"Earth to Daniela" I heard my name being called which instantly snapped me back to reality. I looked up at the passenger seat and saw Cameron staring at me with a smile.

"Wanna go to Sweet frog and get some fro yo" he asked. I shook my head and replied as politely as I could "No thanks Cam. I'm not hungry" he looked at me with a sad smile and nodded.

"It's okay. I'll pick you up your favorite and you can save it for later" he asked more as a statement than a question. I nodded and looked back out the window.

Hayes and I were quiet the whole ride home. Neither of us even making a peep. Mahogany had to make one last stop so she said that she would meet us at the house. She offered me a ride but I told her I was tired and she understood.

When our tiny grey rental Honda pulled into the Grier house hold and was at a complete stop, I got out of the car and went to the trunk. I propped it open and grabbed all but one bag out of the car. It was a teddy bear and a $75 gift card to Nike for Hayes. But I guess now I didn't need to give it to him, right?

"Need any help" I heard a voice say snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Hayes standing at the end of the trunk. I nodded silently and pressed my lips together to force a small smile. He grabbed the gift bag and closed the trunk. We walked up to the house and he opened the door.

"Thank you" I mumbled while taking off my shoes. I placed them on the floor and walked towards the stairs.