17(new years special)

Sonic POV

As we walked back to the house I kept staring at Amy, she looks way more older and acts way more mature, there were so many questions I wanted to ask her, but I didnt know how to start, how did you manage to afford a shop? Why havent you come back to Mobius? And more, but the only thing I really want to do is apologize for the most stupid thing ive done." So is this a staring contest or what? Because I already blinked twice." She blurted out, my face feels red as I look away and she chuckles. As we continue walking I suddenly ask her a question "How has everything been all these years..." I ask, she stops and stares at me for a long time "Fine." Was all she said, she continued walking and I followed her, fireflys were surrounding us as if they were our guide, it seemed that they were pointing us the way and dancing at the same time."Wouldnt it be faster if I just carried you and ran to the house?" I asked, she blushed a bit but had a very neutral reply "We could but first of all we might get lost since youve never ran back to the house in the dark, and second, the fireflys take us back not me." I was confused."But how do you know which way theyre telling you to go?" I ask.
"Well it depends how theyre moving, see how right now theyre in a straight line and moving like the waves of the sea? Theyre telling us to move forward, if the fireflys move from side to side it means we have to go back, if they fly around in circles it means the left and if they seperate and keep moving up and down its the right. Lily taught me, and the reason they dont just move into a place and we follow them is because its their special language." She explains, I snapped my fingers "Like sign language?" I said "Exactly!" She said, her smile was wide and cheerful as we both look at eachother for a long time, lost in our thoughts, "Its almost 12PM, almost 2017.." she said, we looked at the sky and fireworks appeared, we both cherised this moment and happily sat down where we were to watch the fireworks, it was beautiful, I just hoped she would forgive me.

A\N

Ok I know this is REALLY short but hey, its almost 2017! Im so excited and all but I have to help my mom get ready for the party so I dont have much time to make a longer chapter, anyways I hope your by your familys side and enjoying the new year.