Forbidden Love Part 7

I dashed to the living room with a thudding heart. My mind was unable to process anything. I entered the room to see a profusely sweating Hammy. I took steady steps towards him. He turned in my direction, his eyes holding the most vulnerable emotion. My stomach churned in worry for him.

What had he come down to?

I slowly kept a comforting hand on his shoulders, but he flinched away. It broke me bit by bit to see him in this way.

"Shh... It was just a nightmare hammy. You are fine. Just relax. "I slowly sat next to him, but at a distance. I could feel his body shivering. After calming himself, "why am I here?" He croaked out in a weak voice. His body is still showing signs of weakness.

"I brought you here hammy. You were almost dead on the street last night. Now come on lemme check your fever."

He was still burning. His eyes were drooping continuously; he groaned when I shifted his hand a bit. I moved away and tugged him under the blanket.

As I turned, Hammy held my hand, "don't go away please." His eyes had a dazed expression, "please stay with me." I was surprised and happy that he at least considered me. But that didn't last long as I heard him saying," don't go away Mary I love you. Don't"

I was hurt but consoled myself. It is not his fault for seeking his love in the time of need. I sat beside him. Suppose I need to pretend to be someone else to be close to him. Then so be it. I cannot see him suffering like this. I would do anything for him.

I prepared a bowl of soup. I strode to the room to see hammy sleeping peacefully. Seeing him asleep like an innocent child gave rise to new feelings for him. I sat down by his side, gently shook his shoulders. "Hammy, hammy, c'mon wake up. You have to drink the soup, before you can take your medications. Wake up!" I exclaimed softly, shaking his shoulders to wake him up.

I checked his temperature. It was much better than before. Hammy slowly opened his eyes. I shifted him slightly, adjusting the pillows behind him for support.

"Are you feeling good? Do you need to use the washroom? "I inquired.

"Fine. Why is my head hurting so much? "

"That's because you were hurt on your head pretty bad. I'll give you medicine after you finish the soup. "Saying that I placed the bowl of soup on the side table.

"Have it. You'll feel better. "

I went out of the room to take the medicines. I quickly tidied the living room before going back to Hammy. "Hammy, have you finished your soup yet? You need to take medicines."

I went inside the room to see the bowl half empty. Hammy looked up; his face looked well than before. "Why am I here Anah?" he asked.

I think he realized he was with me. "Hammy, I told you earlier, how I brought you here. Now don't think too much. Have your medicines and rest. You'll be fresh. I'll tell you the details later." I said and gave him the medicines. Reluctantly Hammy followed my instructions and went back to sleep.

The unexpected hurdles of life are to make us strong and better ourselves. You have to face obstructions to find immeasurable things in life as Hammy's life had taken a cruel twist, but that's life. It throws problems at you when you least expect. He is yet to find the beauty that lies beyond the pain. In this, I will try my best to be his guiding light, not to lead him astray. I cannot let him be weak. I have to revive his past to brighten his future.

My mind was in a whirlpool of thoughts regarding Hammy. My hand stroked the happy face of Hammy with his guitar in the photo album. I continued looking through the album, remembering the days.

I was so lost in looking into the pictures that I didn't realize Hammy was coming to the room. He fixed his gaze on the photo of him playing guitar. He sat beside me, looking at the album.

While going through the photos, which held memories of laughter, challenges, and difficult times, each picture in the album had to tell of its own—drowning us in the memories down the lane. He looked at each picture carefully as if trying to go back in the past.

There was a picture of hammy performing. Hammy held the shine, which lost now. I pointed at it, "hammy, do you remember when you were performing this day, you forgot to wear your socks and had worn different set of shoes in your excitement to perform." I looked at him to see his expression. His face was emotionless, but his eyes held so many emotions. His eyes expressed it all.

He stroked his hand lovingly on a picture. I looked to see the picture of him with his parents after winning the singing competition held at college. His father's eyes shone with pride for his son. His mother held the always loving gaze she had towards him. Both parents were filled with happiness and satisfaction for their son's achievement. I felt tears prickle my eyes, looking at them. They were terrific people. I held Hammy's hand supportively. "Hammy they are at a better place now. Looking at you. Do you think they will be happy to see your condition? To see what have you done to yourself? The son who filled their chest with pride is now going to clubs doing all sort of impermissible activities. Do you think they would be happy to see you waste your life on alcohol?" I explained softly. I knew raising my voice was of no use. It can handle things better calmly.

I looked up at him. Tears were streaming out of his dull eyes. He was not able to meet my gaze. "Then what do they want me to do. They left me all alone in this world to face everything alone. Every time I go home, expecting to see my mother's smiling face. I have to meet the dark empty house. Every morning I earn to see my father reading newspaper. His silent but authoritative aura surrounding. I have no one, even Mary left me. I am totally alone now." he yelled, his voice cracking at the end.

I understood his emotions. But I needed him to know that he is not alone. Someone will always be there to a lookout. But he needs to stay strong for himself. "who said you are alone, hammy? You have your well-wishers. And moreover your parents blessings with you. You are never alone. You need to show them your worth. Fulfill your dream. To do what you want to do. And In all these, you know you can count on me." I exclaimed.

Hammy looked at me, "how can I do that. I have no hope left. I am heart broken. I see no future with a hopeless person like me."

I smiled softly, "you have to make your passion as your strength and hope. Use your broken heart to rise. And let time heal your wounds. For that, you know what to do," I said, pointing to the picture in which he was singing for his parent's anniversary. Then I got up from there to leave and let him have his time to think.