Chapter 5

Y/N POV.

"Lexa I'm not going." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"Why not? What's stopping you from going to homecoming?" She asks putting her hands on her hips.

"I just want to spend next week Saturday cuddled up with my big sister watching movies. Mom and dad made this barn for both of us to live in and I just wanna hang out. I haven't seen you in 18 months." I say. (Like the barn in pretty little lairs but bigger.)

"I know baby girl but it's your last year of high school. Don't you want to go to all of the fun events you missed before?"

I just shrug.

"Is Dinah gonna be there?" She asks smirking.

"I don't think so. Dances aren't really her thing.. well that's what I heard." I reply.

"Well who knows. Maybe she might want to go this year. So I'm that case go get dressed we are going to the mall."

"But Lexa.." I whine and plop down on the couch.

She came over and sat next to me and said, "come on it will be fun."

I just groan.

"Fine but we need to make a deal."

"I got you covered. So at homecoming you have to stay the entire time and if you didn't like it when you get home then I'll buy a pizza. Does that sound good?" She proposed.

"Sure." I say as we do our secret handshake.

"Good now go get dressed you smell."

"Thanks Lex." I say getting up and walking upstairs.

[•••]

Once we arrived at the mall we went to different stores looking for homecoming dresses. We get to a random one and I found the prettiest dress ever. I looked at the tag and thankfully it was my size because it was the last one like this. I went to try it ok to make sure and it was perfect.

"Lex I think I found the dress!" I yelled out.

"Ok come out sweetie I wanna see it." She says.

I open up the door and she zipped up the back and I turned around facing her.

"It looks beautiful ok you and it's compliments your skin tone. So does it fit right. It's not too tight is it?" She asks.

"No it's perfect."

"Good now here's the money for the dress and the shoes and accessories that you want to get for it I'm going to Barnes and noble. Do you have money for food otherwise I'll give money." She says.

"Thank you and I I have money for food. Mom gave me some before I left." I say.

"Ok kiddo I'm heading out." She says kissing my forehead.

I got to the cash register and the woman checks me out after I go into a different store and I find a pair of shoes that seems to go well with the dress. After all of the things I bought I was definitely ready to find something to eat.

Lexa POV.

I walked into the bookstore after helping out my little sister with all of the things she needs for next week. I head upstairs to find some really good books and as I was looking around I saw a woman with blonde hair looking at me.

"Hey can I get some help?" I ask her.

"Sure what do you need." She asks in a sweet voice.

"I really love reading books but I want to know. What's your absolute favorite book? I'd like to get a few recommendations."

"Just one second." She says walking away.

She came back with a book that looked like it had a beautiful cover on it. She handed it to me and it read 'Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe.'

"This is a long title." I say.

"It is but when you read it you will literally cry. The things that those boys go through is just crazy. I don't want to spoil it for you but the author did a very good job with this." She replies

(Seriously that book is amazing and if you haven't read it you should because it had me in tears with my cry baby ass

(Seriously that book is amazing and if you haven't read it you should because it had me in tears with my cry baby ass.)

"Well thank you I think I might buy it." I say smiling at her.

She's really beautiful.

"So are you." She replies.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud."

"It's ok but what's your name?" She asks holding her hand out.

"I'm Lexa. What about you?" I say.

"I'm Clarke."

"Well Clarke I think I'm gonna buy this book and head out before my little sister starts looking for me." I say.

"Ok cool I'll ring you up." She says smirking at me.

Y/N POV.

I'm slightly getting excited about going to homecoming. I mean I'm going with my friends but wouldn't it be fun if I got asked out? Ok maybe I'm too desperate.

I snuggled up on the couch with my big sister while we watched a bunch of movies. This was perfect and I wouldn't want it any other way.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I have a headache so I'm gonna just lay down and watch Friends. Goodnight guys I love you❤️🤙❤️🤙