Chapter 6

Your outfit

Dinah's outfit

Dinah's outfit

Y/N POV.

"Are you girls ready to fuck it up in the hot, sweaty ass gym?" Mani asks.

"Yeah but nobody better ask me to dance or I'm gonna break my foot off in somebody's ass." I reply.

"Well damn girl you don't want none tonight do you?" Lauren says.

"Well... if the right person shows up then we'll see what happens."

We walked into the dance and everyone looked right at us. I turn to my left and I see Dinah up against the wall. I smile at her and wave. Mani and Lauren push past me because 'Crazy in love' by Beyoncé started playing. I just took a seat in the bleachers and got on my phone and texted my sister.

Y/N: I hate it already😒😒

Lex: girl you just got there didn't you? Just chill and see what happens. Don't text me again. You remember the deal.

Y/N: Thanks a lot. You're such a big help🖕

Lex: You're welcome baby girl. Ttyl😘😘❤️❤️

This is gonna be the longest 4 hours of my life.

Dinah's POV.

So far this homecoming dance has been pretty shitty. I didn't have a date and all these thirsty hoes keep trying to grind on me. I honestly didn't want to come to this dance but my homegirl Normani convinced me to come. All night I've had my eyes on this one particular girl, Y/N Y/L/N.

Y/N and I have a complicated past but maybe I can change that. I just need work up the nerve to approach her. I've stood up against the wall the entire time and I've watched Y/N turn down five people for dance. I want to dance with her but I don't want to get rejected.

The DJ started playing Until The End of Time by Justin Timberlake featuring Beyoncé. I looked over at Y/N and she looked at me but I quickly looked away.