~2: Pain~

Lyra watched as Lois Quezon was declared soon to be the Luna. For the past two weeks, she has been cooped up inside her room, avoiding everyone and only going out when she needs to eat. She stared outside the window holding the curtain up above her head, Lyra sighed. She could only hope that Ignacios will be happy with his chosen mate.

In truth, Lyra wanted to stab the she wolf that stole her mate. But she couldn't bring herself to do it. She knew better. She might be a juvenile but she's not stupid. In fact Lyra was one of the smartest she wolves in their generation. She had aspired to become a doctor or healer someday in hopes to find a cure for her late mother and father's sickness.

She continued to stare at the couple happily conversing with each other. Her mind was clouded by the thought of her future. How was she suppose to survive without her mate? A bitter laugh left her lips as she let the curtain fall, disconnecting her gaze to the couple.

She sighed and looked down her hands. She held a double edged silver knife.

It would be so easy if she strikes her heart. It'll be in and out.

She held the knife and positioned it to strike her heart. She heaved.

'1 , 2 , 3' she counted.

She plunged the knife into her lower abdomen. She hissed at the burning pain. To her it was no longer pain, inflicting pain to herself felt like drugs. She loved the feeling and she didn't care. She's been doing it for the last week and wounds always healed.

She smiled and a chuckle escaped her lips as she stared at her hands. She just couldn't do it, she can't end her life with her own hands. Thick blood oozed from the wound as she pulled out the knife. She closed her eyes and adjusted herself on her seat letting the pleasure seep in.

Euphoria!

That's what she felt. Before she could fall to oblivion, she heard something crack. And she was pretty sure it was her heart.

~•°•~•°•~•°•~

Lyra awoke from her slumber when she heard a knock on the door. It was an urgent kind of knock but she reluctantly propelled herself from her seat.

"Coming!" Lyra screamed, irritated at the person at the other side of the door.

Turning the knob, she slowly opened the door, it revealed a dashing brunette with chiseled features and a strong stare and it was Ignacios' younger brother, Felix.

"By god Lyra! You reek of your own blood!" Felix exclaimed taking in the view. Lyra's shirt was covered in blood and holes. Her hair was a tangled mess making it look like a lion's mane. She looked shattered.

Lyra handed the silver knife to Felix. His eyes widened. Where did she got this? He thought to himself.

"Lyra! You know a wound from a silver knife will leave scars! Do you even hear me?" Felix almost shouted.

Lyra groaned and turned so her back would face Felix. She didn't want to look at those gray eyes of his, it reminded her of her mate's eyes.

"Listen to me Lyra! Stop this at once!" Felix says almost screaming. "You'll go insane if you continue this little charade of yours!"

Lyra faced him, she was steaming and wanted to kick Felix bellow the belt. "Listen here you jerk! You don't know how I feel! You're so inconsiderate forcing me what to do and not what to do. Go piss yourself!" She screamed full force at Felix.