Chapter 3

I looked up at the clock, anticipating the bell. Freeing us from the long boring week of school. It was finally Friday. 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... RING!

I bolted out the door, going to my locker to put away my books.

Running down the hall came my best friend Adriana.

"Hey Jen" She embraced me into a tight hug. "Sooo... Do you have any plans for tonight?"

I looked at her questionably, "Alright what's up? You know I told you that I had no plans for today." Adriana was always full of surprises.

"Okay so I told my boyfriend Aaron that he can hang out at my place tonight but my dad will get suspicious so I told him that you and one of Aaron's friends were coming so it'd be more of a hangout.. Knowing you he said yes. So will you please come?!" Adriana pleaded.

"Sure whatever" I laughed.

"Thank you so much Jen! I'll pick you up at 5:00 okay? Don't worry, you know I have extra rooms for you to stay in." She said cheerfully as she skipped away to Aaron.

"Ahh!" I yelped as 5 textbooks flew out of my locker. Bending down to pick them up and place them back in, I bang my head into the door.

"Ugh, whose brilliant idea was it to take 4 AP and 2 Post-AP courses?" I questions myself. Oh wait— it was mine.

I honestly love learning so much and want to get the best out of my free public high school education before I have to pay thousands of dollars for college classes. But with that comes a lot of homework. Now that I'm a senior, I've definitely learned to manage my time. However, I must sacrifice my sleep for those popping grades and somewhat existent social life.

I finished putting my books away and closed my locker door to see Nick's face.

I melted as he flashed his signature smile.

"Need help with any of those books?" He asks, staring intently into my eyes.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" I said openly. Now I know what you're thinking — of course I know him! After the party the other day, I figured I should just lay low. I don't want to be classified with the other plastic and fake girls at our school that are constantly rejected by boys like Nick. I mean, worse comes to worse, he doesn't remember me?

"You definitely knew my name between the sheets last night," he grinned proudly over getting to make out with me.

"Oh yeah that . . . It's not like we had sex, just had some fun?" I said timidly as I mentally facepalmed myself ten times.

"I sure showed you a good time baby girl," he winked.

"Okay it's not a big deal, I'm sure you've gone further with tons of girls, you can go now," I spoke as I didn't want to draw any attention.

"Well since we'll be seeing each other in the near future, maybe I could get your name?" He asked me with a devilish grin on his face.

"I'm Jennifer, are you Aaron's friend?" Please please please say no.

"I'm everyone's friend, but yes, Aaron is a good friend of mine," he said, "Just helping a brother get some more time alone time with his girl at home."

"Right, Adriana doesn't want her parents to think she's home alone with him so she invited us I guess," I laughed - Oh Adriana.

"So will I be seeing you tonight?" He smirked.

"I mean yeah I guess, but it won't be that interesting if those two lovebirds are going all out in the house," I said uncomfortably.

"Too bad Aaron won't let me bring some chicks over to hang with me," he replies disappointed.

"Right, you have girls from all over trying to get with you," I replied.

"Don't worry, I guess your company won't be that bad," he smiled, "Catch you later."

If I leave early tonight, Adriana will be mad for not being there for her. This is going to be so weird. And as he walked away my locker popped open and my books fell all over the ground.

Just great...