Chapter 5

Nick was upstairs getting the popcorn and Aaron and Adriana were picking out the movie. I changed into my pajamas and hopped onto the couch. It was technically still summer time so I wore a pair of short striped pajama pants and a large T-shirt. I didn't want to wear a bra but there were a couple of guys around so the oversized shirt it was.

Adriana put on the film and sat on Aaron's lap. In all honesty they just put the film on for me and Nick while they would make out for the rest of the night. But being Adriana, she didn't put on a romantic comedy or horror movie, she put on some dumb action comedy with no real plot.

I didn't want to be here with Aaron and Nick but it beated being home alone. It really sucks being an only child.

Nick marched down the stairs and stated loudly, "The microwave wasn't working properly."

"Jennn —" Adriana started.

"On it!" I replied as I made my way up the stairs.

I figure no one was going to eat the popcorn anyways but that movie was awful.

"You have got to be kidding me,"I sigh, "I have no idea what is wrong with this machine."

A muscular arm comes around me and reaches behind the microwave.

"Hey it's okay you can go back down, I can figure it out," he tells me.

He plugs the wire into the outlet. BEEP BEEP. The machine starts up again.

"No worries it just wasn't plugged in," Nick says from behind me.

I spin around and find myself looking into his broad chest.

"Umm excuse me," I say as I look up into his blue eyes. He stands in my way for some time while I wait. Sure this is weird but he smells so good and he's so hot. I think back to the night at the party. Ugh how embarrassing.

Suddenly Nick grabs me by the waist and hoists me up onto the kitchen table. He stares into my eyes.  His scent surrounds me as I feel myself melting around him.

"Jennifer, is that right?" He inquires.

"Wow, you remembered my name?" I laugh, and was actually quite surprised. 

"Yea well it was kind of difficult, it's so long and typical."

Wow okay that's nice to know.

"I'll just call you Jenny instead.  A cute name for a cute girl." He winks.

"It's not like you'll remember tomorrow, I'll be out of your hair when you have some fun with your next fling," I state honestly.  No matter how much one could hope about getting with someone like Nick, some things just have to be accepted earlier on to understand.

"Sure whatever, but we're going to get to hang out.  I bet those two will be off sucking on each other faces within 20 minutes," he bets on Adriana and Aaron.

"Not even that long, maybe ten," I suggest.

"JEN, IS EVERYTHING OKAY UP THERE!?!?" Adriana's voice fills the room.

"Never better, be right there!!!" I reply, my cheeks flushed in red.

--

As predicted, ten minutes into the movie. Adriana and Aaron were already gone into their rooms doing whatever they were doing.

Nick came up and sat down next to me, "Are you still watching?"

"Of course not, you?"

"Nah, I'm just going to go ahead and shut it off."

He clicks the off button on the TV remote and a silence fills the room.

I acknowledge his presence as it feels like the time after the couple came into our room. I blush as I'm reminded of Nicks hands roaming my back.

"So about that party..." Nick starts as he runs his hands through his curly dark hair.

"Uh, no it's okay we don't really have to talk about it, you probably have a girlfriend." Oh what am I saying of course he has someone, he's Nick for goodness sakes.

I get a bit nervous as he takes a seat on the couch next to me. I turn towards him to face his gorgeous face and he scoots closer until our breaths collide.

"Yeah I get it, we don't have to talk if you don't want to," he says deeply.

Oh god his voice is so sexy, how is his even humanely possible.

"I'm curious, but about how many girls do you usually go through in a week?" I ask genuinely.  It's not like he hides that he does this and I for one was unsure of what else to do.

"5 or 6, on a good week, that's about how many," he smirks proudly.

I open my eyes alarmingly wide, "I didn't even know that many was possible. . ." I stutter.

"Yeah well all of them ask me for it and what good would it be to turn down all those beautiful bodies the pleasure of my presence in bed," He says , "But I mean I don't it all the time, recently these girls are too clingy and I can't stand their fake smiles."

"Well I guess I was just another conquest . . ."

"I mean I was the one who approached you.  You just looked stunning and extremely bored so I came to spice up your night," He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, "I mean usually the girls come to me."

"Haha, is that what you tell yourself in be mirror everyday to inflate your ego?" I laugh, but I notice how much closer he has shifted towards me on the couch. 

"No, you just looked really beautiful and from what we did, you definitely enjoyed it."

He was so close that his breath hit my nose. Nicks eyes darted from my eyes to my lips.  I stared intently, waiting for him to make the next move.

"So . . ." I started, staring down at his soft lips.  I remembered how they placed scorching kissing along my skin the other night.  Gosh, what I'd do to get them back again.

"Do you want to—"

His lips moved to my ears, "just kiss me," he said roughly.

A chill shot up my spine. I pulled back, stared into his eyes as he leaned in.