[0.5]

"Take the fall, get hurt, get indigent

"Take the fall, get hurt, get indigent." Casey watched from the bench, she rolled her eyes at her dads way of teaching the team. She knew it was gonna backfire.

•••

The District-5's second game was going bad, even while they were cheating they couldn't get an advantage.

"Goldberg, your not supposed to take the fall
When they're shooting at you." Casey's dad scolded.

"Oh well I guess you didn't explain that very well have you?" He sasses back.

Casey watched him walk closer and sit in the empty spot next to her on the bench, she put her hand on his back and slightly padded it. "It's okay Goldberg, you tried." She said.

He scoffed, "you should try to control your dad is what should happen." Casey sat quietly, slowly removing her hand and folded them into their lap, well then, she thought.

"Charlie!" Her dad called over, Charlie came skating over to his coach. "That guy is twice your size, so next time he gets you into the corner like that, I want you to grab your eye like it's cut, and then hit the ice-."

"-what?" Casey stood up from the bench, she couldn't believe her dad was going that far. "dad that's not-"

"-who's coaching Casey?" Her dad snapped at her. He turned back to Charlie and asked him "am I clear."

Casey looked back at Charlie and he seemed conflicted, he looked back at her and saw the look on her face, concern.

He slightly nodded his head and skated away, Casey walked back to her spot on the bench and sighed, oh how badly she wanted to be out there, she wanted to prove to her dad that cheating wasn't the only way to win.

•••

After the game, she followed the team into the locker room, "man, even when we cheat we can't win." Jesse said mad, throwing his gloves down.

Casey stood there awkwardly, fiddling with her thumbs, she felt bad that her dad had forced this upon them. She heard the locker room door swing open and saw her dad storm in.

"Charlie! What the hell is the matter with you? When I tell you to do something you do it. You got it? Look at me!-" Casey was fed up with her dads act, she wanted her old dad back.

"-dad! that's enough. You can't make him cheat." She said, sticking up for her friend.

"Go get in the car Casey." Her dad told her.