[1.0]

Casey got back to the bench, her cheeks flushed and head down, avoiding any eye contact with anyone

She had admitted to herself that she had fallen for what her and the team had called the enemy and she had no choice but to deal with it.

The short girl plopped herself down next to Connie who automatically noticed the tint of pink cheeks.

"Something happened right?" Connie asked, getting excited when she faced Casey

Casey looked at her weirdly, "what are you talking about?" She said, putting her hands on her cheeks to hide the blush.

"Oh cmon, you and Banks are totally crushing on each other, it's obvious, and your bubblegum colored cheeks give me proof." Connie said smirking at the girl.

Casey stared at her wide eyes and mumbled, "I don't have bubblegum colored cheeks." And crossed her arms over her chest.

Connie scoffed then smiled, "don't worry, you two are cute." She whispered as Adam walked into the booth.

•••

During the game, it was obvious the ducks were not happy with having Banks on the ice with them.

No matter how open Adam was, no one was passing it to him.

Casey got fed up and yelled out, "pass it to Banks you nitwits!"

Jesse had finally passed it to Charlie who didn't hesitate to give the puck to Adam, who scored within seconds.

Everyone skated over to him congratulating him, and as they skated away Adam pulled off his helmet and looked over at Casey, both smiling at each other.

•••

That weekend after the ducks had made the playoffs Gordon had taken the whole team to go see the North Stars.

Casey walked in with the team, all staring in awe. She struggled with carrying all the pucks and extra sticks her dad had given her to bring for the practice.

She went to go adjust the bag strap on her shoulder when Adam walked up from behind her and took it, putting it on his shoulder

She gave him a thankful look, happy to have the weight off of her.

"Alright ducks! Let's have some fun!" Casey's dad shouted, everyone cheered and put on their skates quickly.

Casey walked up to the ice, looking down at the line where the floor met with the ice, and sighed.

Adam chuckled to himself, as he stood next to her, he held his hand out to her, "cmon I'll help you stay up."

She let out a little snort, and ignored his hand stepping onto the ice, gracefully skating away from him

The short girl turned around, skating backwards and smirked at the blonde boy, who was still in shock.

"Did you really think I still wouldn't be able to skate when my dad coaches a hockey team?" She laughed with her eyebrows raised in a questioning.

Adam went to respond, but blushed when no words came out, Casey shook her head and turned around to skate over to Connie.

He finally shook himself out of the trance and stepped onto the ice, smiling at the girl who made his heart jump.

•••

Casey was wondering how her dad had gotten
these tickets, but she definitely wasn't
complaining.

She was sat right between Fulton and Adam,
looking tinier than usual next to the longer boys.

But nonetheless she enjoyed seeing herself on the jumbo screen and being able to steal some of Adams snacks.

After a while, Casey grew impatient while waiting for Adam to get her more candy, she sighed and reluctantly got up from her seat and mumbled a "I'll be back" to Fulton, who grunted in response.

She squeezed through the crowd that surrounded the snack bar, and she became confused when she saw Adam was no where in sight.

Casey shrugged it off and went to turn around and head back up to her seat when she heard a certain Hawk speak down the hall.

She raised her eyebrows in confusion and quietly walked over to the corner to peak and see who exactly he was talking to.

"But your a Duck now & that girl-"

Casey peered over and saw Adam, talking to some of the Hawks.

Adam knew what his old team mates were trying to do, he used to be one of them, of course he knew that if he didn't saw what they wanted to hear, he was never gonna see the end of them.

"Man, I'm for your team! I've always been for your team, she's just someone I met! Alright, the whole 'I'm going to teach you hockey' thing is nothing, it's just a way to keep my nerves down- I don't know. But it means nothing to me, your my team and your my guys. Casey is not important."

She leaned on the pillar in shock and in hurt, she couldn't believe what just came out of Adams mouth, she was wrong about him.

"I'll forget about her, and you can forget about the ducks, and you guys are gonna go out there and win this, you all happy now?"

Casey felt tears running down her face, and quickly wiped them away with her sweater, she took a deep breath to contain her emotions, she shook her head in disappointment (au:gif) and she headed off to her seat.

•••

outfit:

(minus shoes// converse)

wow haven't updated in a loooong time and I feel really bad about it:( but in all honesty I had lost interest in writing this book and I got super busy ! but I plan on finishing so don't worry !