0ne

Star Wars, Star Wars Universe, and the original Star Wars characters belong to Lucasfilm and Disney, and came from the mind of George Lucas.

This is an Alternate Universe timeline. Suppose Padmé didn't give into her feelings for Anakin, knowing it was her duty, and also knowing it would destroy his life. Everything else but their relationship would remain the same- the only time Anakin and Padmé ever revealed feelings for each other was before going into the arena, to which later she declined his request of getting married.

-----

It had been a long time since I had trained with him, because when I was moving on to be a Jedi Knight, his impatience and lack of character held him back. It had been a long time since I had trained with anybody, because the war constantly had me going to different planets back and forth and engaging in dangerous battles of all kinds.

I had much more experience than him, and that's why I was chosen to lead the mission, except he wasn't very happy about it, but I guess he understood.

I marched proudly into the Jedi Temple, as the girl who was the General over Anakin Skywalker. He had quite the reputation with the republic and the separatists. Even some of the civilized outer rim planets were fond of his name- and mine...

I focused my mind and tried to shake off my apparent feelings for him. He was older than me by a year, and I hadn't seen him in 2 years. I could only imagine how different he would look, how handsome... I snapped back. It was true. When we trained together, I developed a crush on him, but even with his flirty attitude, I tried to hold those feelings back even when it was the worst, when he would throw a cute phrase out, smile, and wink at me.

I despised the heart rushes, and the blushing, and also how obvious it was.

I walked quickly through the temple, throwing a word or 2 at padawans, and throwing a, "hey, how are you?" At old friends I hadn't been able to see because of the war.

I looked down at my hands as I pressed the elevator button, and at the ugly scar left on my forearm by Count Dooku. He had escaped from everybody too many times. Just as hundreds of other Jedi, I lined up to try and take him, but he ran off, embracing the coward he really was.

The elevator slowed to a stop, and it felt like an hour for the door to finally open, but when it did I was ready to see a short haired, Anakin- instead I was greeted by somebody I hardly recognized.

I walked up and met Anakin in front of the Council Chambers entrance, where he smiled, and greeted me as an old acquaintance- that's what we are, anyways, so why would he greet you any differently? My heart burned and I could feel my cheeks turning pink.

"Wow! You look so different, Ani." I sighed and laughed. He had much longer hair now, and a scar towards the side of his eye that sliced through his brow. I thought about asking him how he obtained such a badge of courage, but I avoided the topic, hoping not to remind myself of the war, which had taken over my entire life.

"So do you... nice scar..." he teased, after I told him about his physical change. His voice was much deeper, too.

"Count Dooku..." I said bitterly, looking down at my arm.

Anakin raised his metal hand. "Count Dooku." I sensed anger in him as he blamed the Sith Lord for his mechanical arm. A small silence before he said, "Hey. At least you did better than me. I lost my whole arm. You got a cut. You fought better than me defensively. When did it happen?"

"2nd mission. I was still a padawan." I said.

"You where knighted... hmm... let's see, a year before me?" He asked, placing his gloved hand on his chin. I nodded. "You were just about to go through the trials."

"It delayed them." I sighed. "It took a bit for this to heal, and as soon as I could walk they had me up and flying a space mission."

"Yeah." Anakin laughed. "So what's your most... eventful mission."

"Definitely when I had to rescue the senator." I sighed. I didn't have to put a name behind it, everybody knew who the most reckless senator was, and who always had the separatists on her back. Anakin got a little off-sides at that.

"I've had to step in for that mission too." Anakin scratched his neck uneasily. "She's quite the handful."

I looked Anakin over carefully. I sensed confusion in him when I said the name 'Padme.' Obi-Wan told me he used to have a crush on her, but the feelings had long faded.

"Well. Suppose we should get our mission brief?" I asked, trying to make this less awkward. "I'll fill you in on saving Padmé in the ship."

"Sounds good to me." Anakin smiled, and we went through the Council Chamber doors.