Five

I couldn't get anything out of him, and I knew I couldn't. I just stopped working for a minute. I just stood there in silence, not being able to look into his eyes or process what had just happened. I stared coldly at the ground in confusion. What had just happened- and to think I had went about it normally with hardly a doubt. I wanted to run away, and the idea was seeming more pleasing by the moment.

"No," Anakin sighed exasperated. "Please don't run away, I know I'm crazy, I know I'm disrespectful... And I know what I said to you was unintentional... it's just sometimes, I don't know where the old me went." He sighed.

"The war is ruining all of us..." I muttered. How in the world was he reading my mind? I know he couldn't see very far, sometimes I could pick up people's thoughts, but this was the 2nd time today he basically knew what I was thinking. I didn't have my guard up... I sighed, and then turned away from Anakin, looking out into the busy speeder traffic of coruscant. We stood in grave silence, until finally after a few minutes I spoke, not wanting the treacherous confusion and tranquility to continue. "I'm sorry Anakin. But I can't." I turned and ran, and tears began rolling down my cheeks as I did.

"Y/N!" Anakin yelled after me. The pain in his voice seemed to burn my chest, almost like the pain when I had kissed him.

I didn't want to kiss him, didn't want to love him. He caught up with me, as I slowed down, and he touched my shoulder. "I didn't mean to-"

I cut him off. "I know Anakin. At least through this mission we shouldn't give into our emotions. One of us could die and-"

"Don't talk like that. We're both going to make it." He said, exasperated.

"I don't know, Ani..." I said. I had a feeling as if I wasn't going to come back from the mission, but my efforts and devotion to the assignment would be strong anyways.

"Look, I promise you." He spoke seriously. I turned around to face him. "I won't lose you. Not like I lost my mother."

His mother. As soon as he'd gotten back after the battle of Geonosis and the loss of his beloved limb, he'd told me of his inner conflict. I couldn't help but stare as he told the story, so frustrated, and hopeless. He'd sat inside my chambers, and yelled, and then hit the wall. He said he had failed. He said he had always failed at everything. He said that he wasn't a good Jedi, in his character, and in his capability. He had yelled about the council. He had yelled about so much that it hurt me to hear him so hurt. Later that day after his sudden outburst, and him staying in his quarters all day refusing to leave and refusing to eat or drink, the council called me in to see what was the matter. I shouldn't betray him, but the Order came first. And not only that, but it was for his own good. I explained how he was saddened by the war, and his mothers death- but I left out the part about his slaughtering the sand people. He'd certainly be expelled for such an act as that.

I looked into his eyes, and tried to search him. Suddenly I tapped into his thoughts. This war. This war. This war. This mission. This pain. This guilt. My mother. And Y/N. Y/N, she'll never like me. I hurt everything i come across.

"No, Anakin." I said. "You don't hurt everything you come across."

He looked up somewhat surprise but I guess the sadness ruined it.

"I know you don't. You don't." I said. But then I couldn't handle it anymore. I ran. It wasn't like me, but right now I had to get away from him. I was confused, and couldn't believe what I had done. I had went against the order. I had confused myself and Anakin. I had let all my former emotions of all my loss and hurt and confusion and love take me over to where I was in a trance- a trance, where all my body could think was run. Running, as if it would help me get away from him, when in reality he was always in my heart and mind. Anakin took off after me. He was heavily built, and fast, but not as fast as a lighter built person like me.

"Y/N!" He continuously ran after me, but as I got to the end of the alleyway, and to the strips of walkways uniting all the business and proving a road for traffic, I looked down to the edge of the balcony at coruscant, knowing Anakin was approaching, I thought of only one escape...

I jumped.

Oh the feeling of letting the force guide you and flow through you as you dive through traffic and air, spinning and feeling so light. Wind blew my hair, and I looked back to see he'd jumped after me, and was diving in approach. I smirked. Challenge accepted.

I got into a five position, and use the force to push the air behind me, propelling me forward. I felt like a super hero, as I shot straight back up using the force, but just at that ability I felt drained. I propelled myself forward and out of the free fall, onto a roof of a business glowing with neon. I looked down for Anakin, but he had disappeared. Worry crossed me. Did he know how to fly upwards? Or... did he just fall to his death...?