Three

"Why would I hate you?" I asked, confused.

"Y/N..." Anakin sighed. "I... I..."

I was still utterly confused. Anakin had never once hurt me in anyway, except for the fact he didn't harbor feelings for me, which was completely out of his control, and I didn't hate him for that anyways.

"Never mind." Anakin said. It seemed like he wanted to say. I put a hand on his back, and he stood up straight, as if he was uncomfortable with my touch.

"You can tell me in the ship," I said. "Anakin, I've never hated you. And I want to know why you would ever think that I would."

"It's just... I thought you knew... never mind." Anakin said.

We started walking again, silently really, and went to the combat simulator room, where Rex had set up several obstacles for us.

"Well, it looks like it's time for you Jedi to discover the real ways of war." Laughed Rex. "A blaster, dangerous and average."

"I know it's dangerous," smirked Anakin. "I don't see a blade to deflect blasts on that thing, which explains why you, Rex are constantly wounded."

"Understood." Rex laughed jokingly. "But today, I'm going to drill you and help you with your targeting, your different types of targets, etc."

"Gotcha," Anakin said.

"For number one, your blaster is going to buck slightly, so always aim slightly below your target unless you have very stable blasters." Rex glanced at us. "Your blasters aren't exactly as stable as snipers weapons."

"...Got it." I said.

"Now," Rex smirked. "The fun begins. I'm going to get 11 droids out here. You have to take cover, duck, roll, almost like a war simulator, but not even close."

This should be a peice of cake. I'll know where all the targets are, when they're going to shoot, and all other kinds of things. I thought.

"Y/L/N!" Rex sighed. "You might want to get down, or get blasted."

I looked around realizing Anakin and Rex were already down, and the holographic droids were about to spawn in. I hit the ground behind some kind of high tech traffic block. Rex was taking shelter behind a crashed speeder, and Anakin occupied a wedge in a side of a building.

11 droids spawned in, and simultaneously began shooting all at once in our direction. I poked my head up, and used the force to guide my shot as I pulled the trigger. I ducked, knowing 2 blasts were coming. I then rolled out, shot my twin pistols 3 times each, hitting 7 droids, rolled back under cover, poked my head up, and shot my twin pistols again, this time taking out 4 droids.

"Hey..." Anakin sighed. "Leave some for me..."

"If your shot was as good as your flying," I teased. "You might have hit something besides the wall."

"Hey..." he said crossly. "If your flying was as good as your shot, you might be taking care of real droids instead of holographic ones."

"That doesn't make any sense, I've seen a lot more combat than you." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah? Were you the one who killed Ventress?" Anakin snapped.

"Were you the one who killed Sai Chas?" I demanded. He looked mildly impressed. Sai Chas was a Jedi but then turned to be a Sith Lord. He'd killed 78 Jedi, but I was determined I wouldn't be the 79th.

"Were you the one who-"

"Hey, quiet down soldiers." Rex demanded. "This is my simulator, my class, my rules."

"Yes sir." Anakin and I said loudly. I glared at him.

"Now, both of you agree the most wise and powerful is the one who leads the missions." Rex said, annoyed.

"Agreed." I said it loudly while Anakin muttered it shamefully.

"And we agree the one who leads always has the most experience?" Asked Rex. "Meaning the more accomplishments." He stared daggers at Anakin. Anakin then looked away, and nodded at the ground.

"Now, back to work you smuggled banthas. I don't have time to run a class full of scruffy looking nerfherders." Snapped Rex, with a glare. "Now I'm spawning in 60 droids. Y/L/N, would you kindly share some with us, Mrs. Blasting Bucket."

I laughed. "I'll try."

I took my cover behind a smoking Jedi star fighter, and the droids came in and began their target practice. Using he force, I jumped up, spraying bullets into the middle of the crowd, and knocking down 10 droids. The other droids tripped over them, and began falling all over themselves. I landed, and jumped with a flip and landed beside Anakin in between the wedge of the building as he gunned down several droids. Then I shoved him down just in time for a bullet to whizz past his head. He looked up at me, annoyed. "I would've been okay..."

"That was coming straight for your throat." I argued, as I shot down a handful more of droids, and then ducked behind the cover.

"You know, I might could've dodged it myself if you weren't getting in the way and taking up all the cover." Sighed Anakin.

"Psh. Admit it Skywalker, you need me." I smirked. He turned around, and gazed into my eyes.

"I do. More than you know." He kept our eye contact for a few more seconds before turning around and continuing his fire. My heart began to pound. Was he being serious? Did that mean he had feelings for me?

I turned around and shot the last droid. Anakin, Rex and I had cleaned up well.

"Well, I don't think I can really teach you anything..." Rex sighed. "Wow, you guys have some pretty dang good shots."

"Thanks..." I smile. "We have to be at the ship in an hour."

"And we might want to go so we can catch up in between then." Anakin added. I looked up at him, confused. Was he serious? He wanted to talk with me for an hour? My heart began to beat wildly, and the feelings of happiness of being with him came.

"Aight," Rex said. I sensed a smile under his helmet. "I enjoyed teaching you. Good luck, Jedi."

With a goodbye, we left. As we were approaching the temple lobby, Anakin touched my shoulder gently. "Y/N, shouldn't we go and get some lunch, and catch up?"

"Where would we get lunch?" I laughed.

"A diner," Anakin smiled at me. I began to become nervous. What would I say? What would we talk about?

"Only if you promise to tell me why you thought I hated you." I smirked.

"Uh..." Anakin stuttered. "I don't know. It's touchy. Maybe later."

"Okay." I said. "It's okay. As long as you know that I don't hate you, that's the only thing that matters."

"I'm glad you don't hate me..." Anakin smiled at the ground. "It hurt me to think you did..."

Did he seriously just say that? In the middle of the temple? I looked around to make sure nobody noticed, then turned around hastily and began walking away.

"Y/N!" Anakin called after me. I escaped the temple doors and ran into the temple yards to where the speeders were. I jumped in my speeder and just as I was about to leave, Anakin jumped into the speeder, and touched my shoulder. "Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked, worried.

"It's nothing it's just... we were in the temple and you said something about me hurting you, and told me you needed me and..."

Anakin looked hurt. "Y/N, I meant as friends. I need you on this mission."

My heart sank. I wanted him to like me, but I had to think of the Jedi Order. "Oh..." I accidentally let it slip out. We sat in silence, until I noticed Anakins hand was still on my shoulder. I looked at it awkwardly, and then he quickly removed it.

"Want to grab some lunch?" Anakin asked finally, trying to relieve the silence.

"Yup..." I muttered quickly and started the speeder. "Where at?"