Chapter 10

"Taylor!" Alyssa screamed. The Rangers ran over to where their friend was.

"Oh, no, Taylor," Cole murmured. "The org had to have gotten here before us."

Indeed, that must have happened, for Taylor's bright yellow jacket had been ripped up, revealing a large slash that cut through her side. Blood was slowly oozing out of it, staining the yellow fabric.

"No." Alyssa could scarcely breathe as she laid one hand on the bloodstained body. "No!"

Alyssa began crying again, a fresh wave of sadness hitting her. Cole put an arm around her, trying to hide his own feelings.

"She's still alive," Danny whispered.

"Yes, but barely," Cole replied, feeling his own eyes well up with tears.

Alyssa pulled out Taylor's growl phone from Cole's pack. The message had disappeared, but she laid it beside Taylor. She then pulled out her own, pressed a few buttons, and waited as she held it to her ear. Her hand was shaking so badly, she could hardly hold it in her hand.

"Yes, Alyssa?" Alyssa finally heard Princess Shayla's voice reach her.

"Princess, something terrible has happened!"

"What is it?"

"We found Taylor."

"That's good, isn't it?"

"No!"

"Oh dear, what happened?"

"She's hurt, Princess Shayla. We found her growl phone with a message from Master Org on it that said that an org was sent to track her and destroy her. We then found her like she is now. We will need your help, Princess. She's barely alive right now."

"Get back up to the Animarium right away, Alyssa. I need to assess her injuries and determine if she can be healed or if she needs to be hospitalized down on Earth."

"You got it, Princess."

Alyssa put her growl phone and Taylor's back in her pack, then explained what the princess had said. Cole quickly pulled out his own growl phone and shouted, "Wild Access!"

The other Rangers looked at him in surprise.

"What? She's too heavy for me to carry when I'm not in Ranger form. Alyssa's less heavy, so- never mind."

Cole bent down slowly.

"Don't worry, Taylor," he murmured as he pulled her into his arms, grunting as he stood up again. "You'll be home and well again soon."

Alyssa leaned against him in distress and stared at Taylor's unmoving body gently cradled in Cole's arms with tears in her eyes as the Rangers prepared for their long journey back to the city and towards the Animarium.