The Trip

Before reading

1. Please comment and vote , it would mean the world to me 😄

2. If you are interested check out my other book's 😙

_______________________________________

"Did you pack everything ?" My mom asked walking around my room cleaning it up.
I was laying on my bed , blankly staring at the ceiling , not really listening to any other sounds then the singing of the birds outside.
"Hello ?! Earth calling Maya." I lifted my head up slowly "Ha ?" Is all I had to say.
After my grandfathers death I wasen't really social but when you think about it I was never really social.
"I said did you pack everything ?" My mom asked again , this time more strong and firmly.
"I didn't pack anything..." my mom stopped dusting looking at me like I just said the stupidest thing ever and I won an Oscar for it.
She breathed in and out slowly and pointed to the door "Just go and eat something before I finish cleaning this mess that you call your room."
I walked out of the room slowly , my eyes still tired from not getting enough sleep and my neck hurting from the hard bed.

I sat on one of the beautiful cedar  chairs that we're placed around the table and slammed my head on to the surface of the table.
It was obvious that my father isn't gonna make me breakfast so I slowly but carefuly stood up and took out a fresh bottle of milk from the fridge and a box of old chocolate cereal that have been here since the World War 1. Did they even have cereal back then ?
"Did you pack ?" I heard my father's voice from the living room.
A smile perked on my face "Why is everyone obsessed with this question ?" I laughed while saying that , almost spilling my cereal.
My father turned his head to me confused , raising his left eyebrow.
I realised he wasn't in the room while my mom and I we're having a delightful conversation
"Mom asked me that twice this morning." I said looking down at my bowl of now disgusting , half melted cereal.
My apetite wasn't visiting me today anyway so I put my bowl of cereal in the sink and walked up the stairs to the bathroom.

The white tiles of the bathroom we're flashing in my face , reflecting the sunlight that was going in through the windows.
I took a warm shower and dried my hair. Brushed my teeth and fixed my hair in a ponytail with a strand of hair on each side of my face.
Not wanting to look like I was a farmer I ruined the ponytail and just let my long , wavy , dark-brown hair go down my back.
I exited the bathroom and walked to my room across the hall.
I was very lucky that the bathroom was so close to my bedroom.

Mom wasn't in my room anymore when I entered.
I closed the white , wooden door and walked over to my bed.
My mom allready packed the suitcase and the red monster was now laying on my bed.
I sighed and walked over to my closet to see what I'm going to wear.
Today I had to dress fancier than usual cause we we're going to Los Angeles for my grandfather's funeral.
That thought gave me a shock that wen't through my body.
Not wanting to think about that I opened the door of my closet.
Checking what I'm going to wear I also checked everything my mom packed and didn't pack.
To my suprise she packed everything I wanted but didn't leave anything to wear to the funeral.
"Hey..." I heard a soft voice from the door of my room.
My mom was standing there with a smile plastered on her face.
In her high heels , black pants , a white blouse and a fancy black jacket she looked so beautiful.
For a 47 year old she looked like she had less then 32 but somehow she always thought she looked ugly whilst she actually looked like a princess.
I smiled at her and she grabbed my hands looking into my eyes.
"I know you are worried about how it's all gonna go but just try to find a way to calm down." Her words we're that way to calm down. She continued , that smile still on her face "Don't worry , just wear anything you wan't cause you are gonna dress what I prepared for you when we get to LA , okey ?" I nodded as an awser and she exited the room.
I turned to my closet once again and picked out what to wear.
I chose black ripped jeans , my black high converse , a black tank top and a red flannel.
I picked up my backpack , my suitcase and took a last glance around the room to check if I took everything.
Rushing down the stairs I almost tripped but in my luck I didn't.

Everyone was allready in the car so I exited the house guickly and locked the door.
Entering the car I said "Before you ask , yes I took everything." My parents laughed and I closed the door.
The 7 hour and 48 min ride from Carson City , Nevada to Los Angeles , California beggins.