The Night Before

Before reading

1. Please comment and vote , it would mean the world to me 😄

2. If you are interested check out my other book's 😙

_______________________________________

"Now , before you say anything your cousin's have been invited to the funeral." My mother said looking at me from the passenger seat.
I looked up from my phone with a death stare.
"Are you kidding ? You are kidding right ? Right ?" I laughed but soon realised she was serious
"I know you don't like them..."
I interrupted her "Not liking them is an understatement , not loving them is an understatement but hating them seems just right." I said fuming up.
Of course I was angry , infact so angry I would love to punch someone right about now.
"Maya ..." Now I interupted my father leaning forward and grabbing onto the back of my mothers' seat.
"You know that your brother " I pointed at dad "and his wife will ask who is getting granpas mustang."
Both my parents we're looking at me and I leaned back saying my last sentence before putting my headphones on "Just saying."

After the more then long ride we arrived at the mansion.
I didn't understand why we couldn't just drop off the trash ( meaning my cousins ) and go into grandpas' house.
If it was some kind of tradition or supersticion I'm out.
I took out my suitcase and my backpack.
Putting my gold Beats by Dr.Dre headphones around my neck I walked over to my mom.
Waiting for our cousin's to arrive I put down the suitcase and turned around to lool at the mansion.
Why the hell are we staying in a mansion ? Mansion !!!
The big white building was surrounded with trees and grass.
"I'm gonna go check it out so I don't have to call dibs with those rednecks."
I told my mom and before she could anwser I allready picked up my suitcase and dragged it with me towards the mansion.
I opened the heavy door by pushing it as strong as I could.

Entering the mansion I looked around trying to find someone to help me with my suitcase.
"Hello ?!" I yelled , my voice travelling the huge building
"Hello ?! Is anyone in this damn building gonna help me with my damn suitcase ?! Really ! No one ?! Well F you !" I yelled and started walking up the stairs.

I finally got to the end of the last of 1000 stairs.
Now I was in a hallway with several doors on each side.
Hearing the sound of the car of my cousins , I guickly layed down my suitcase and started opening each door to pick out my room.
No , no , no ...
NO !!!!!!
None of these rooms we're right and I was certain not to let my cousin's get the best room.
The last room was at the end of the hall.
I sighed in despair and opened the door.
The room was empty with two windows flashing light onto the wooden floor.
In the corner of the room there we're stairs with a little door above it , on the ceiling.
I ran out and grabbed my suitcase.
Guickly ran back and closed the door.
There was a key on the first step of the stairs , probably for the door.
I walked up the stairs , leaving my suitcase and backpack on the cold floor.
Opening the door with the key a breeze hit me.

This is exactly how horror movies start.
You are being too curious Maya.

I thought to myself but walked in anyway.
It was obviously the attic and it was gorgeous.
A king sized bed was leaning on the wall and a row of windows was on it's left side.
A red carpet covered the floor and in the corner of the right wall , across the bed , there was a vintage , cedar , closet with beautiful detail's.

I gasped looking at this gorgeous sight.
Enjoying the view I heard a noise.
"I don't like this room let's check out the other ones !!!" It was my cousin Courtney.
I guickly rushed down the stairs and with one lift I threw my suitcase through the door of the attic.
Guickly grabbing my backpack I rushed up to the attic and closed the door , locking it with a dusty metal key.
Breathing heavily I put my head down on the door to listen
"There is nothing here ! This room is trash ! I'll take the second one !" My cousin Courtney said exiting the room with her brother Harry.
Finally , at peace.
Turning on my back I layed down , breathing out air that I held in since I heard my cousin's in the hall.

I opened the door of the attic and wen't out to look around.
The key of the attic was also the key of the door of the room.
When I locked the room I took a glance at the hall to see a door opened.
Silently I walked over to the door and peeked through.
My cousin's we're unpacking and that was my sign to run.
I rushed down the stairs with blood pumping through my vein's.
And then , BAM.
I bumped into someone on my way down the stairs.
"Are you okay ?" I heard a raspy male voice say.
Opening my eyes I saw a boy about my age , with brown messy hair and golden green eyes , holding out his hand to help me get up.