Erich Dale

As we arrived at the apartment we rented in NYC I immediately wen't on my laptop.
Finding all players that were in my grandpas team.
Finally discovering Erich Dales adress I wrote it on a piece of paper and shut the laptop.

"So ?" Aaron looked at me waiting for an anwser.
I waved the paper infront of his face and he smiled at me.

Stuffing the paper in my ripped jeans I dragged Aaron by the hand and layed on the bed.

He turned on the tv and I layed my head on his chest.
Inhaling his smell I guickly started to fall asleep.
Aaron stroked my hair gently making my eyes feel heavier.

Finally everything wen't black and I fell asleep.

~•~

I was woken up by the alarm clock on the small table across the room.
Groaning I got up and walked over to the alarm clock.
I turned it off and stretched my hands in the air, yawning.
Aaron was still sleeping considering he didn't budge although the alarm clock was viciously loud.

I walked over to the bathroom and washed my face after brushing my teeth.

I took a guick shower and picked out an outfit.
Black legging, black combat boots, a white long sleeved shirt and a red hoodie.

"Aaron, wake up..." I nudged his shoulder and he groaned turning over.

"Aaron, please..." I pleaded and he finally got up into a sitting position.
He rubbed his face with his hands and sighed.

"Go take a shower and we can go." I said and got up but he grabbed my hand pulling me onto his lap.
Aaron dug his head in my shoulder closing his eyes.

I lighgly pushed him but he held his hands on my hips firmly.
Shaking his head he inhaled my smell and I stroked his hair.

Picking his head up he looked into my eyes and then slowly leaned in, his lips lightly touching mine.

"Gross. Morning breath." I said when he broke the kiss and we both laughed.

~•~

After Aaron got dressed we headed downstairs.
As we waited infront of the hotel Aaron called a cab.

When the taxi arrived we got in and I showed the adress to the driver.
"Oh yes, I know where that is." He smiled, his spanish accent obvious.

The ride was long and the trafic horrible but we somehow arrived at the adress.
When we exited the cab Aaron payed and we walked into the old little house with a ruined front yard and a rusty mailbox.

"Hello ?" I shouted as my voice wen't through the walls.

"Hello ?" I heard a weak voice from the living room.

A man was sitting in a chair starring into a tv, but the tv wasn't on.

"Sir, are you Erich Dale ?" Aaron asked and the man pointed at me.

"You must be Maya." He said, his voice rusty and his finger shaking as he pointed at me and I nodded.

"Come with me." He slowly got up and Aaron and I followed him.

Opening the cabinet in his kitchen he slowly got out a piece of paper.
Great, another clue.
"This is for you. From your grandfather. My dear friend."

I unfolded the piece of paper in my hands and read it.

No more secrets,
No more lies,
This, is not a disguise.

It was a poem and at the end of the paper there was an adress and time, 8pm.

I nodded and Aaron and I thanked the man while getting out of the house.

~•~

"Are you sure ?" Aarons voice was shaking and his face was pale from worrying.
"Yes, this is my battle and I wan't to finish it on my own." I nodded and hugged him.

After the goodbye I ran out of the hotel and called a cab to take me to the adress on the paper.
It was 7:47pm when I got into the cab.

This was the last clue...
The end of the story...
My story...
His story...
Our story...

I read the poem again and again, wondering if getting into this was a good idea.
I mean for gods same I opened a coffin because of riddles, letters and old pictures burnt by the flame of time.

"Here we are." The driver said and I looked out the window.
It was an old park with a bench.

I payed the driver and got out of the cab.

The cold air was wispering the most delightful words and the grass was covered in the clearest water.

I sighed and looked around.
Sguinting my eyes allitle I looked forward.
On the bench there was a figure wrapped in a coat, sitting down and looking at the sky.

The figures face turned around and got up walking over to me.
I couldn't completely see their face from the mist and this was my chance to run.
Run and hide, call for help, scream, shout, anything !
But I just stood there waiting for the figure to approach me.

The moonlight was the only thing making everything visible.

The figure approached me and I could finally see their facial features.

I held in my breath as my heart stopped beating for a moment and then started beating like a drum.

It was my grandfather...

Alber Wright.
Born 1938, passed away 2017.

The end...
Okay so this is a really twisted kinda ending and I hope you guys don't hate me because of it but this is a story that I just wanted to end this way😁
To be honest it isn't even an ending, it's more of a think about what happened next sorta thing but anyway, I hope you enyojed my book and you will keep with me when I start another one 😊
There will be no epilogue so don't wait for that.

P.S. It might be allitle weird that he is alive if she saw him in a coffin and started histericaly crying but Albert had it all planned out and it wasn't him in the coffin it was a doll. If you wan't me to make a filler chapter with Alberts point of view and the whole plan he made just comment and I would be more then happy to do it.

Love you all❤