PR of the Year

Chapter 2

The sun.

The sun is stupidly bright and everywhere.

Karlie’s hand clamps over her eyes because the damn sun is exploding or something, giving her a hard time to see because it’s taking over everything. Like, encompassing the earth and destroying everything on it’s path.

It has to be because her head is killing her.

She turns to her side and pulls the blanket up over her head. In addition to whatever is happening outside with sun, it’s absolutely freezing in her room. More importantly, her pillow feels weird.

Wait.

She’s not at home. Not in her New York city apartment. She’s in Vegas. The 125th anniversary of Vogue.

Right. The 125th anniversary where a lot of things happened. Her aunt is retiring, giving her and Derek almost all the work loads.

Oh god, last night. She almost finish a bottle of tequila. That’s explain why her head is pounding so hard. She turned around only to realize she’s with someone.

Shit.

Wait.

Okay.

That explains why the sheets are smooth. She was naked. Examining the other body shows they are both naked. That’s it. She slept with someone.

Taylor Swift.

Karlie manages a quiet laugh, she got the girl. “Taylor…” her voice is foggy, deeper than usual.

The smaller form shifts and adjusted “Hmmm… Sleepin”

If this her usual one night stand, she would kick the woman out of her room but something about the singer that she just can’t do it.

She can’t remember anything. She jumped out of the bed hoping shower can relieve her head and remind her what happened last night.

The mirror’s already being fogged up, but Karlie manages to catch a glimpse of a moderately sized hickey on the base of her neck. Two more on her left breast, another one on her stomach.

Her head then wonder on the sleeping body on her bed. Was she able to left a mark on the singer’s body?

~~~~~~

Karlie thanked herself for taking a shower cause it somehow relieve her head by the time she wraps herself in the big fluffy white towels. There are soft knocks on the bathroom doors.

“You can come in”

The bathroom door pushes open and there’s Taylor, wrapped in a terrycloth robe “Good morning” She offers.

“Morning.” Karlie briefly responded. “There’s a spare toothbrush on the drawer and everything that you might need”

Taylor opened the drawer which Karlie pointed and saw the unopened toothbrush with the other toiletries “You have a lot of unexpected overnight guests?” She teased.

“Shut up. You need it” Karlie mumbles from around her own mouthful toothbrush.

~~~~~

“Karlie, I can’t find my underwear!” Taylor informed the photographer “I think it’s not here in the bedroom”

“Maybe you took them off from the cab?” Karlie suggested

“That’s pretty impo--” Taylor’s ear are red at the implication but then everything is almost possible last night “Did we take a cab?”

Karlie shrugged “I honestly don’t know.” She exits the bedroom of the suite “Aha!” She calls from the living room

“Found them?”

“Yes!” Karlie answered

“Do I want to know where?” Taylor followed her in the living room.

“Uhmmm Taylor…”

Taylor’s panties are on the coffee table, next to a piece of paper. “Great, right next to your… what is that? Room service bill?”

“Technically, they’re on top of it… and it’s not room service bill” Karlie hands the paper to the singer

Taylor scanned through the page and it’s not even halfway down page, she exactly know what she’s looking at.

“...join in a lawful wedlock, Karlie Elizabeth Kloss of New York, New York… and Taylor Alison Swift of Los Angeles, California”

“This is a joke right” is all Taylor can say “Holy shit” as she drops on he couch “I’m calling my publicist”

“I’ll call Derek”

“Seriously Karlie?”

Karlie took her phone out “Derek’s boyfriend is my lawyer and I can’t honestly think straight”

~~~~~~

“Okay…”Tree said in a calming voice

Taylor had been pacing around the room. “It’s not that bad, right? I mean we can always have a divorce”

“Yeah, that’s possible. Did you sign any pre-nup?” the publicist shot back. Both of them shook her head “This is really great. Biggest scandal of the year”

“We can keep it, right?” Karlie asked looking up to Tree “I mean, no one knows we’re married so it’s possible to keep the divorce off the media.”

“Do you even realize what you’re mumbling Karlie?” slowly, it’s sinking to Tree “You two, didn’t sign any fucking pre-nup, it means once you’d decided to end it, divorce or annulment, 50% of your investment will go to Taylor. Same goes with you Taylor”

“That means almost 20% of your share in Vogue will go to Taylor as well as the 50% of your properties” Joshua enlightened his client

Derek took the piece of paper “This is just a marriage certificate. Did you file a marriage license?” Both women shrug.

“They did honey.” Joshua said “I called earlier to check on it and apparently, they have filed a marriage license making this marriage legitimate.”

Karlie stood up “Then just file a fucking divorce. I’ll return all her properties and same goes with Taylor. She doesn’t need it”

Tree began to massage her temple “You can do that. But people will be confused as to why Taylor has a share on Vogue and to your properties. That’s when the divorce will be brought up saying hey, ‘we acquired this shit because got a drunk night in Vegas and thought marriage is a cool thing to do and by the morning, we filed a divorce so we split our properties.”

“This is bad publicity not only for you Karlie, but for Derek as well. If I may just add to what Ms. Paine said, your name is already associated to Vogue and Anna Wintour.” Joshua added.

“What should we do?” Karlie surrendering to Tree

“Act on your marriage” Tree explained “After a year, we can proceed in processing your divorce. At least, it would look like you two were once in love, that’s why you had decided to get married”

Karlie nod in agreement with the publicist “One year then”

Taylor was in disbelief seeing they were all agreeing to Tree’s plan “I don’t want to do that. I can’t wait for a year. I want it done, now” she collapse on the couch

“Where were you when I am explaining the possibilities of your divorce?” Tree was so offended by the stubbornness of her boss “Everything that you dream of as a child will crash right in front of you if you won’t agree on this”

The thought of losing everything made Taylor cry. She’s not ready for this.

“All I want is the best for you Taylor, that’s why I’m doing this.” the publicist explained “You better know not to touch Jack after the London incident”

Karlie moves closer to Taylor to nudge her “What was the London incident?”

“None of your business” Taylor dryly answered

“Oh come on, I’m your spouse. You shouldn’t hide something from me.” she draw closer to Taylor, but ducks away, leading her lips to press against the singer’s ear. The contact made Taylor shivered “tell me”

The photographer doesn’t care about the London incident anymore, she’s just enjoying this game that they’re playing. Whatever game this is.

Taylor groans making Karlie leans to her more “It was just uhm… just a making out incident in London, after my concert”

The news forces up Karlie “That was you? I heard about it from some hair and make-up crew”

Taylor just shyly nod “You didn’t marry anyone that night, did you?”

This brought a smile on Taylor’s lips “Don’t be jealous, I am married to only you”

“Girls, that’s gross.” Tree stopped the two ladies who are either flirting or annoying each other “I would like to have formal meeting with you Ms. Kloss and your lawyer. Mr. Blasberg, feel free to come if you wish to. We’ll have to discuss this with your management as well, Taylor.”

Taylor and Tree then left the suite.

This will be one hell of a show

-----
AN:
Thank you for the votes but hey, please tell what do you think about this. That will be highly appreciated 😉