Somewhere in New York City

Chapter 4

“I’m Joshua Kushner, Karlie Kloss’ lawyer” Joshua showed his ID’s to the officers “What were the charges against my client?”

The policeman on the information table took out a folder to look for the name he just heard. When he saw her name, he took out the file and review it. “It was nothing serious actually” he answered. " No charged against her."

"Then why is she in jail?" Derek raised his voice, unpatiently asked while slamming his hands on the desk.

It was all over the news. The new Vogue owner, Karlie Kloss, arrested for over speeding; sources say photographer is again under the influence of illegal substance.

Derek is used to this kind of situation. He always bail Karlie out whenever she gets in to whatever kind of trouble. But this one is different. Everything is different since they took over Vogue and his friend accidentally got married to the biggest pop star though in the public's eye, they are just dating.

"I don't like your tone kid" One of the officer warned him. He was ignored by the officer in charge who continues to scan the report. He lets out smirk and shook his head "Lady is crazy" he started. "She came here in the office just to report herself from being an irresponsible wife. She begged to be in jail. We put her inside to sober her a bit"

"Where is she? Can we see her? Can we take her home?" Derek asks.

"Yeah. Just give me one moment"

Even though it was confirmed that there are no charges against his best friend, worry screams all over his face. He is worried about what will Anna Wintour say, the attention this issue took and of course, the things that are running with the photographer's freaking head.

"There she is" Joshua told his boyfriend who can't stop pacing around.

The photographer is calm but clearly a mess. She was holding her jacket and about to approach Derek "Derek I know I fu--"

"Save it" the Editor in chief cut her "This is an eventful night and I need to rest"

"I'll take it from here" Josh stand in between the two "Thank you officer"

The policeman nod before adding "Just make sure to keep her away from the alcohol"

--
There was nothing but the engine that can be heard inside the car. No one ever try to say a word. Karlie nervously shakes her legs, she knows she in so much trouble, marrying the biggest pop star is the biggest mess that she made, second to it was flirting with the Blonde model even if she is married.

"We're here" Joshua announced as they arrived in Karlie's apartment.

She unload herself slowly, waiting for Derek to speak a word but she got nothing. Normally, whenever Derek bails her out, he will endlessly scold her of being reckless and stupid but right now, there's nothing. Even a look or glance from her best friend. And this scares her, a lot.

Knowing that his significant other is still mad with the whole situation, he just run after Karlie and halted her from entering her apartment.

"I hope you know where he is coming from" Joshua sadly pat her shoulder.

Karlie nod, trying to hide the tear away "Thank you Josh and I'm sorry for the trouble"

The lawyer gave him a sad smile "Just be careful. We'll go ahead. Don't do something stupid again Karlie. Good night"

Joshua run back to his car and drove home. As soon as they reach their apartment, Derek burst out crying.

"Am I asking too much from her?"