Hot Pursuit (part 2)

Here's an excerpt for the second part of Hot Pursuit. If you want to read more, just click the link below. 
Happy reading ;-)

*****************************

September 2012

...

"No, no. Let's try the cuffs. I trust you."

She leaned forward, and cupping his face, she gave him a light brush on the lips. She looked at right in the eyes and vowed, "I won't let you down. Your trust is a precious gift."

"It's weird," his brows furrowed slightly. "Usually, I'm more wary of people, but with you, I feel that I can leave my life in your hands and I'm safe," his face relaxed as he smiled at her. "Since the first time I saw you."

"Good thing that I'm not a wacko serial killer that wait to handcuff my victims to bed before sending them to the afterlife, then."

She winked and he chuckled out loud. Felicity's heart swelled hearing the joyful sound. It was honest and light. And she loved it. For a minute, all she wanted was to make sure he got reasons every day to laugh like that. But as soon as the thought crossed her mind, she pushed the brakes on. She was getting way ahead of herself. This is a one-night thing, she reminded silently.

"Well, as long as you kill me with pleasure, I don't think I'll complain much."

 **************

More in http://archiveofourown.org/works/6687232/chapters/15533410