Breaking Down

Look what 2018 brought! Could be a sign of the Apocalypse? maybe LOL

Gosh!! so long since I updated this series! But finally, my muse decided that it was time to finish this one-shot. If you're looking for smutty, dirty times, I regret to tell that you won't find that here. Sorry! The good thing about that, though, is that I can post it in its entirety here without violenting Wattpad's content policy. 

Anyway, my muse was set in angst mode and made me write the most heartbreaking and angstiest thing I've ever written. So get ready because this will destroy you. 

You've all been warned. Read at your own risk.

PS: This is a direct sequel to Twist of Fate (the previous work on the series), so you might want to read that first if you haven't yet (or to refresh your memory)

***************************************

April 2014

The worry was clawing Felicity inside. She was a walking wreck since she got the call from the hospital telling her that Tommy had been in an accident and she needed to go to Starling General as soon as possible. The nurse told her little details over the phone, nothing other than it was serious. Felicity only learned how bad it was when she got to the hospital.

Tommy was between life and death.

She was still trying to understand how Tommy ended up impaled in that freak accident. How her beloved puppy could be hurt that way? Why did have to fight for his life? His prognosis wasn't good. Dr. Lockhart said the surgeons would do everything they could to save him, but no promises. Felicity's horror didn't end there, though. Her worry doubled up when she had entered the waiting room where a nurse said she could hang out until Tommy was out of surgery. She never expected to find Moira and Thea Queen there, at the unholy hours of the morning. Both visibly shaken and worried.

The youngest Queen stood and went to hug Felicity tight, as soon as she saw her. Despite their many differences, they formed a nice friendship. Oliver's sister was a little wild, but with a huge kind heart, which made her easy to love.

"Oh, Felicity," she sobbed.

"Thea? Wha— Mrs. Queen, what are you doing here?" but as she asked, it dawned on her. Oliver. He was the only reason for the Queen women being there. The axis of her world made another sudden turn. Her intense emotions threatened to overwhelm her.

"Oliver," Mrs. Queen confirmed. "He was with Tommy in the accident."

"But, why?" Felicity asked, in a tremulous voice. "Tommy told me Oliver was working late and they canceled their date."

By the sour expression that Mrs. Queen made, Felicity realized she said the wrong thing. The Queen matriarch looked away, pursing her lips demonstrating blatant dismissal. Felicity was well aware how disapproving Moira was about Oliver's life, of her relationship with him. A miracle had been that she spoke to Felicity before, but no more. Telling the truth, Felicity couldn't care less, not under the present circumstances. Usually, she didn't have the energy or the will to deal with close-minded people, and especially when the two men she loved were in hospital beds.

"Mr. Queen went to see Mr. Merlyn at the club after he left Queen Consolidated Headquarters last night," John broke in; his formal speech was no doubts due respect to Mrs. Queen.

Felicity's chaotic state of mind was left in evidence. Her thoughts were so focused on Tommy, and more recently on Oliver as well, that she missed Diggle's bulky and strong presence in the room when she first walked in. Diggle was the chief of security for the Queens, which in occasions, he took the job as Oliver's personal bodyguard. But for what she had seen in the last two years, she knew that their association went beyond that. They were friends, great friends. And the emotion on the man's voice was a proof of that. John was worried about Oliver, too.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 09, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

ENRAPTURED SUBMISSION - the seriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें