Chapter One; Pilot

I lighted a cigarette and breathed in the heavy smoke, then blew out softly.
My grayish eyes flickered through the people at the club, at everyone dancing and at the pathetic boys standing by the bar trying to look cool. 

I snorted at them while taking a sip from my third beer and then kept glancing over the rest of the people when my eyes suddenly stopped.
Who's that? I asked myself. 

She was dancing with a slightly curly headed tall man. He was wearing simple black jeans and a white t-shirt, nothing special. While she was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. Her hair was long and wavy, brown or black I couldn't tell because of the useless light, and even from where I was standing I could see how her eyes sparkled. I couldn't stop looking at her, she was so beautiful.

My thoughts were interrupted by my friend Ashley.

"CRySTAAAL!" She slurred. I nodded slightly, not being too affected by the alcohol yet after only a few beers.

She stumbled towards me and threw herself in my arms. "You know." Her alcohol filled voice started. I kept looking at the girl with sparkling eyes.

Both of them was now standing by a little table, chatting and laughing.

"I really hope you find someone soon." Ashley continued and I could feel her stinking breath as she was hanging on me. I held her awkwardly and tried to not burn her with my cigarette.

Lukas, Ashley's boyfriend, came to my rescue. "Okay, babe. I think it's time to go now. Don't you think?" He said concerned and grabbed her gently.
She just laughed and nodded with wasted eyes. He said with a worried look that he'd take her home and I mouthed a thank you.

As I stood with my third cigarette and I-lost-count-drink I went back to watching the gorgeous girl, now with alcohol pumping through my veins.

After a few minutes, Matthew came up to me. "Hey, how you doing?" He said as he took a sip of his beer.

The girl now turned her head my way but I didn't look away.

"Mhmm." Was my answer to Matthews question. He rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers in front of my cloudy eyes.

"Earth to Crystal, hello?" He said with a smile. As I watch her in hypnosis.

"Yeah, sorry." I answered and waved the thoughts of her out of my mind to turn my attention to him

"Who are you watching?" The curiosity in his voice couldn't be more obvious.

I half smiled. "You see her? With the curly headed?" I pointed at them still standing by the table with a drink.

"Yeah. What's with her?" Matthew said.

"I want her." I said with no doubt. "I'm going to make her mine."

He took another sip of his beer and nodded. "She's pretty." He said and then walked away. I looked after him as he walked. His brown, perfect hair and that long body looking all well dressed.

"Matt!" I shouted after him and he turned around. "Wait up!" I continued.

He smiled and waited for me. "I thought you were going to stand there all night." He said when I got closer. "You know making her yours."

"Nah, I have plenty of time for that." I said and smirked. "Now let's do shots!"

We walked up to the bar and ordered a tray of the neon, toxic-looking drinks.

Matthew and I were now joined by our "don't-quite-know-your-name-but-we're-still-friends"-friends and we were all sweeping down drink after drink until barely any of us could stand straight, my thoughts were now drowning in alcohol.

--