Chapter Three; Matthew Grace, Everyone!

The following week was stressful, the small coffee shop was never empty. I guess it's because spring break just started. Trace and I were running around like crazy all week so when 2:30 pm, Friday afternoon finally arrived and I got to go home I totally collapsed on the sofa with Netflix.

Saturdays are my free days, Matthew and I live together so he usually wakes my up by 9 am right before he leaves for work on Saturday morning. 

He works for some boring company and he sits at a desk all day but I think he should focus on a music career.

He's a great guitarist, he usually plays me something Thursday nights because that's our 'date night' but actually he plays all the time for himself when he thinks I'm not listening.

Matthew knows everything about me, I've never hidden anything from him and I hope he doesn't from me either. That's our friendship, we're best friends.

He with his perfect hair and nerdy interests and me with my edgy looks and Netflix addiction. I don't know why we work, that's something I'll never understand but we do and I'm so grateful.

Saturday nights are clubbing nights just like this night, at Nolan's party.

If I'm invited to a party Matthew's invited too, that's the rules and everyone knows that so no one even bothers asking him if he'd like to come, they just ask me.
It's like a deal, take two pay for one kind of thing.

Matthew woke me up at 10 am this Saturday. Odd I thought.

"Hey! Tired much?"

"Huh?" I said and rubbed my eyes. He laughed. "It's been such a stressful week, Trace and I ran around like rats day in and day out. I was so tired so I guess I just collapsed."
"Yeah, I saw that." He said and walked out into the kitchen. "I made breakfast" He shouted.

"You did?" I said with a confused tone.

"Yeah, why are you sounding so shocked?" He said a bit offended.

"No nothing just, don't you start work like an hour ago?"

"Oh, yeah. I got the day off and I saw how tired you were when I came home last night so I thought you'd like some pancakes when you woke up." He said and put his head out of the door so he could see me. "Like the amazing best friend and soulmate and roommate I am." I laughed at his self-love.

"I love you, Matt. You know that, right?"

"Wow, that's big words. Are you drunk or something?" He said and I laughed.

"No! I just. I don't know, wanted to make sure you knew."

"Is there something I should know?"

"Okay fine, Trace is leaving in a month and I'm freaking out!"

"Jeez, why would he leave? I thought he loved LA?" He said.

"He does! But he got a job offer in New York for a band or something."

"Wow, that's huge. So dreams actually do come true?"

"Yes Matt, they do. Which is why you should make a YouTube channel and put out some of your songs, I can help you like I did with Trey. You'd be discovered in no time!"

"Sounds like you wanna get rid of me." He teased.

"Hey! You're not leaving LA, you hear me? You'll be discovered HERE." He laughed.

"Come on out now stupid, the pancakes are getting cold!"

"Yeah, whatever," I said and dragged myself out of the couch.

He had really put effort into these pancakes, they looked delicious.

"Wow, that's amazing Matt. Did you really make these?"

"Of course I did! With all natural ingredients. Are you calling me a scam?" I laughed at how offended he got and took a pancake in my mouth. They tasted sweet and absolutely delicious.

"So what do you think?" Matthew said when he saw my look after that first bite.

"This is amazing, oh my God! You should make a cooking career, screw music!"

"Well thank you but music needs me!" He said with a heroic voice and pretended to wear a cape, then he ran out to get his guitar. He played a fast, dramatic melody. I laughed at his silliness. Why is this my best friend and why do I love it?

"Okay, come on. Sit down and eat breakfast with me." He said and pointed to the couch as he put his guitar back in place.

I grabbed a plate of pancakes and walked out to the TV. "What you wanna watch, big guy?" I said with pancakes already stuffed in my mouth.

"Hmm, I don't know. Disney Channel?"

"You know me too well," I said with a big smile and changed the channel.

Matt and I loved Disney Channel and watched it all the time together. That's our little secret because if anyone found out our reputation would probably go down in flames. But I mean, who doesn't love Disney?

-

"Hey, how's it going with making that girl yours by the way?" He said as the commercial for Lego Friends started and he shoved the last pancake in his mouth.

"Oh, I totally forgot about her," I said and he did an over shocked sound. " Stop!" I laughed.

"No but seriously, do you even know anything about her? Like her name for example?"

"No, but I thought if I saw her again sometime."

"Boring!" He shouted.

"Why are you so fucking mean? God!"

"Did you recognize her from anything? Like do you have mutual friends?"

"Jesus Matt, I don't know."

"Chill, I'm just asking."

"I'll figure it out, okay." 

"Okay, I won't ask again." He said offensive. I sighted. What is our friendship? Seconds ago we were having a great time watching Disney and now we're basically fighting.

"Anyway, is there a party tonight or what?"

"Oh right! There is, Nolan's throwing one."

"Why? Isn't his birthday in like September?"

"It is, I don't know but as long as there's alcohol and I don't have to pay for it I'm down."

"Preach to that, sister!" He said and walked out into the kitchen.

Matthew and I don't have much in common besides Disney and alcohol and I think that might be why we work. Opposites attract, right?

We never get bored of each other because we always have something to talk about. We have long discussions about everything from why they named Mickey Mouse Mickey and who would win a fight between Hulk and Thor to if period cramps hurt more than being kicked in the balls and feminism. 

I always have the greatest time when I'm with Matt and I've come to the realization that I need to find a girl version of him if I'm ever going to find true love.

My expectations might be high, but last time my expectations were too low. This time I won't settle for less than perfect because that's what I deserve.

--
In this chapter, you get to know Matthew a lot better.
I really hope you like it, don't forget to vote if you did.