dani & sadie

^ethan & grayson

dani

"See you after school, guys.Have a great first day back," Scout instructed, especially directing the last part of the sentence towards the twins. "I love you guys."

The two girls replied with I love you toos and hugged their mother, Dennis with a grumble as he stepped out the door before his sisters. Scout smiled at them as they walked to Dennis's car, but Dani could tell that face wasn't truly happy. Dani wasn't completely sure if her eyes were deceiving her, but if they were seeing right, she was able to catch a glimpse of of her mother's saddened face as she turned and closed the door after Dennis pulled out of the driveway.

Dani knew her father could see right through her mother, and she was beginning to think she herself had the same ability as well.

*

Dennis didn't leave his sisters until lunchtime that day, where he said they would have each other to find where they should sit. Sadie seemed a little nervous to leave her brother's side, but Dani on the other hand was ready to face whatever came her way. She didn't care if people would look at her weird, and she would sit wherever she wanted.

After pacing the cafeteria back and forth for a good five minutes straight, trying to squeeze in somewhere, some friendly junior guy let them sit beside him at his table, and they were both equally grateful for that. He introduced himself as Ethan, and guessed that the girls were new to the school. She didn't know about Sadie, but Dani had an instant crush on the guy, and hoped he didn't have a girlfriend. Ethan was so nice, and plus, he had really good looks. His skin was nicely tanned, wavy dark hair framing his sculpted face with a little section in the front that was dyed a bright color. He looked as if he could be the quarterback on the high school football team, and Dani took special note of that to remember to ask Dennis about it. The whole time he talked, she sat watching him, her chin in her hands and her elbows on the table surface in between them as Sadie sat, rolling her eyes beside her the entire time.

Dani couldn't help but realize what a comedian he was, or how cute and contagious his laugh was.

"You're so funny, Ethan! Do you think you'll do anything humor-wise in the future? I mean, you could definitely make a good amount of money through that."

Ethan laughed, as if he already knew or people had suggested the topic before. "Actually, I'm kind of doing something dealing with comedy now. I run a YouTube channel with my brother, Grayson, called the Dolan Twins." He paused, his expression looking like he just realized something really obvious. "How could I be so stupid? I guess I'm just so used to it by now, but it just hit me that we both have twins."

"You have a twin, too? I mean, duh, the Dolan Twins, but.... I thought maybe you just ran the channel and weren't really a part of it, like you just operate behind the camera or something. Is it stupid to say that I've never heard of the Dolan Twins before?"

Ethan smiled, shaking his head. "No, definitely not. I mean, I guess we're pretty popular on YouTube, but not, like, Taylor Swift celebrity popular."

As he and her twin laughed together, obviously flirting, Sadie rolled her eyes. She was done with lunch that first day, but not for long....

Sadie

.... she stopped being so bored with her lunch period when she stood and turned just to bump into and meet the pretty green eyes of a tall, dark and handsome, muscular guy who happened to look just like Ethan.

So, that's his twin brother he kept talking about....

Her cheeks turned pink when they looked at each other, and she smiled nervously at him, timidly reaching up an tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't see you there," she apologized sincerely, clearly embarrassed that she had made such a mistake.

"No problem," he answered, his bright eyes sparkling. "I'm sorry, it was my fault. I'm Grayson. It's nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for her to shake, but she didn't take it, just stood there admiring how good-looking and polite he was, and how fortunate she was to have happened to run into him. She, herself, of all people possible. How lucky! His smile was perfect, deep lines and a dimple or two around his mouth to accentuate his adorable smile. He was just as muscular and tough-looking as his brother, but so nice, and warm and welcoming at the same time. The structure of his face was strong as well, and carved, his jawline sharp. Both of his ears were pierced, a post in one and a dangle feather earring in the other, he gave her that alternative vibe that she loved, and thought was so cute on him. His hair was darker brown, with light highlights in the front part, which stuck up a little. She imagined him wearing a tux, and then in an even fancier tux, dressed for their wedding day. Wait was it too early to start thinking about that right now, or....

"Hey, uh...," he was saying, politely waving his hand in front of Sadie's face to snap her out of her daze. "Um, what's...."

"Sadie," she said, as if he had just asked her previously to introduce herself. "I'm Sadie."

"Nice to meet you, Sadie," he said , sticking his hand out for a second time, this time Sadie actually taking it, and shaking his hand. His hands were soft and smooth, and way bigger than hers so that her small hand was enveloped in his warm one. She looked up at him and melted inside.

He was such a cutie.

"Well, do you think I could --" Grayson started, the bell for the end of lunch cutting him off.

Sadie stayed behind with him as everyone began to leave the cafeteria and go to class, people flooding the stairs and the spaces in between the tables. She could see his mouth moving, but she couldn't hear his voice at all over the loud chatter of everyone leaving the lunch room. "What?" she yelled, cringing as a guy yelled as he ran past to one of his friends, right in her ear. "I can't hear you!"

He made a face, irritated with the people around them. Handing her his phone, the screen displaying a blank contact information page on it waiting to be filled with someone's name and phone number, he imitated typing with his hands, then pointed to her, She cocked her head in confusion. Grayson signed putting a phone up to his ear and talking to it.

A shocking feeling took place in the pit of Sadie's stomach, and her eyes went wide. "You want my phone number?!"

It took him a minute to figure out what she said, his eyebrows furrowed, and then she saw him go "Oh!" and he nodded vigorously.

She excitedly typed it in, fast,knowing she was going to be late to class if she didn't hurry up, She gave him his phone back after she double-checked to make sure that her number was typed in right.

"Text you later," he mouthed with a grin in his face, winking at her. He made his way through the crowd and disappeared into the hallway leading out of the cafeteria. Sadie stood there, heart swelling with adoration, staring at the place he just stood in front of her. Was it just her, or did Grayson....

Like her back?

She wanted to jump up and down and scream in happiness.

"I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!" she said to herself out loud, which earned her a few curious looks from people around her.

She looked up at the stairs and all around her, her sister nowhere to be seen. She and Ethan are probably in a corner making out already, she thought, scoffing and rolling her eyes. But who cares? Looks like I've already got myself the cutest, awesome guy of my dreams!

But what made her jump and forget her fantasizing for a split second was the sound of the late bell, otherwise known as the next lunch bell, ringing loud in her ears. Oh, great. Late to class on the first day! This can't be good.

But even though there was that one thing about her day that kind of sucked, nothing was going to stop her from feeling like gold that day.