ethan

^ethan & grayson

It was early morning, about seven thirty A.M, and Ethan still wanted a little more sleep before he woke up for good that day, but he was woken up by noise coming from Bex and Dennis's room. Finally, after fifteen minutes of lying there, waiting for the crying to die down, he got up and walked downstairs, taking his computer with him to the library.

While Ethan waited for his laptop to fully turn on and load everything, he looked at the shelves and shelves stocked with CDs surrounding him. He knew that most of them were Andy and Scout's, but as he read the labels on the sides and saw that one of them read "Taylor Swift: Fearless", something made him think it probably was an old one of Dani's or Sadie's or something. Or, it very well could've been an old one of Scout's, but either way, no matter who's it was, Ethan knew in the back of his mind that if an outsider were to come in and browse around the library, Andy wouldn't be caught dead with a Taylor Swift album as part of his collection.

Not long after the laptop had logged on and loaded, the library's French double doors opened slowly, and Grayson appeared, coming in and closing both doors softly behind him.

Ethan eyed him, watching Grayson as he made his way over to him. "Dude, it's not three o'clock in the morning. You don't have to try to be really quiet. You know the kids are up by eight or so everyday anyway."

"Well what time is it now?"

"Almost eight," Ethan told him obviously, and then he regretted not adding the word, 'duh.'

"Oh. Anyway, though, I was looking for you everywhere and didn't know where you were. Why are you, like, hiding out in here?"

"I'm not! Why were you trying to look for me? It's early for you, like really early. Why are you even up right now?"

"I was about to ask you the same question," Grayson told him with a jokingly mysterious tone.

"Bro, what the heck? Why are you acting like that," Ethan asked, then realizing his brother was messing around with him. They started laughing together hysterically.

Why they died down a bit, Grayson looked at Ethan, his expression more serious but still with a grin on his face. "No, but seriously, why are you down here?"

"I figured I could get some more quiet down here since Mavis is crying upstairs," Ethan answered, speaking of Dennis and Bex's baby girl, Mavis Anne, 'Mavis' meaning 'songbird' and 'Anne', Dennis's great-grandmother's first name.

"Oh, yeah. She woke me, too."

"Shut up, Gray, a bulldozer demolishing your room and even your bed with you sleeping in it couldn't wake you up," Ethan laughed, Grayson laughing with him.

"Yeah, you're right. No, I don't know what woke me up so early this morning."

"So early," Ethan repeated mockingly, rolling his eyes as he checked Twitter. "It's eight o'clock in the morning, it isn't that early."

"Yeah, okay, well maybe I didn't want a certain someone to set a bunch of mousetraps all over my floor to wake me up again like last time."

"Oh, that's why, huh," Ethan assumed, grinning. "Dang, I might have to plan my next attack at like, six in the morning instead of nine or ten next time, then."

"Please, no," Grayson begged.

Ethan laughed again, but his smile faded after he logged into Instagram and saw the comments on Dani's latest post. They were full of hate, all from Dolan Twins fangirls and accounts.

Well, fake fangirls.

If they couldn't accept the girl Ethan loved more than anything, they're weren't real fans of him. Because she was a huge part of him, and who he was.

And she never did anything wrong, or anything to deserve that hate, from anyone.

If they couldn't accept Dani, he couldn't accept them.

He went back to Dani's other recent posts too on her Instagram page, and even those were completely blown up with comments from all of the same kinds of people, saying the rudest and most horrible things about her and how it was all her fault she was pregnant, and that the baby "probably isn't even Ethan's".

Grayson leaned over and read them as Ethan scrolled, his mouth hanging open. "Bro.... those are our fans?"

"Yeah. Our 'fans.' Dude, I can't even say most of the stuff they commented out loud!" Ethan fumed. Then he started clicking on all of the accounts, blocking each and every page, one at a time.

"Wait, Ethan --"

"Gray, they're not even our fans. They're jealous and bad people, that's what they are, and I'm done with it. I don't want negativity to surround my whole life."

And then he opened Twitter again, typing twelve important words: Her baby is mine, too. Why would any of you doubt that?

Then he hit Tweet.