grayson & sadie

It was February, aka "the season of love" and he could just feel all of the happy vibes lately with the family; with Bex and Dennis getting a nice new place, Andy working on the band's new record, and Scout getting multiple auditions and call-backs for movies and such. The kids, being kids, were pretty much just happy all around, all the time.

Grayson had been sitting on this plan for awhile now, was it cheesy to do it this month, what with Valentine's Day and all? Or maybe would she think it's cute — or hopefully she would just be so wrapped up in him and the moment that she would forget about any significance of the timing.

Basically, he was freaking out.

The Biersacks were gathered at Amy and Chris's place for the weekend, so he pretty much decided, considering how special family was to the Biersack clan, that this was the right time to do it.

He was going to propose.

He'd basically been waiting for this moment ever since the day he met his Sadie G. Again, aside from the fact that it sounded cheesy, he knew right from the start that she would forever capture his heart and love him as long as they both should live (no wedding-related pun intended).

After brunch, the family decided to all go outside, Chris insisting on teaching the boys about football as he reminded it was his "duty as a grandad". Andy shot back and told him it's the duty of the dad and that he had already tossed the ball around some with Oliver, but his father waved him away and said he wanted to be the one to teach him more about it.

Hanging with this family was always such a great time — from the beginning, Grayson just felt like he belonged — a bonus to marrying the girl of his dreams. He sort of paced out there in the cold, unsure of when the exact right moment would arise that he could make his grand proposal. The ring was right there in his sweatpants pocket, perched on some fancy satin in a little black box. He didn't know why he was so nervous and paranoid about this because Sadie was his love and he was obviously so comfortable around her. But it wasn't that. Because she meant so much to him, he wanted to make sure he did it right.

Once time passed and everybody decided to head back inside, Grayson's heart pounded.

Just do it.

"Um, hey, everyone, I have something to share with you all," he announced, almost timidly, and the family all turned back around to face his direction. All eyes were on him. This was nothing less than nerve-racking, especially with Andy watching him closely and anticipating what he had to say next. The father of his soon-to-be-bride was also someone who he always made sure to particularly impress. That man was admirable, to say the least, so he really cared what he thought pretty much the most out of anyone.

But he needed to get this just right for his girl, of course.

As Sadie stood back, watching her boyfriend curiously with gorgeous, intensely blue eyes, it only made him more nervous. He couldn't believe he was so blessed to have and to hold this girl, out of anyone. Someone like her, so amazing and beautiful and sweet.

Grayson cleared his throat. "Hey Sadie. Will you come over here? I have something for you," he said with a small smile, and a smile grew across her lips as she walked closer and intertwined her fingers with his as he used the other hand to reach in his pocket and grab the ring.

Do the damn thing!

As he knelt down on one knee, he asked nervously, "Sadie Biersack, will you marry me and change your initials to S.D.?"

She smiled so wide, her eyes lit up with absolute and total joy, as the rest of the family grew excited, and she nodded vigorously while repeating, "Yes. Yes, absolutely yes."

*

8 months later

Waking up in a new home that she shared with her husband was something different. Something so surreal.

She pulled the white sheets back, preparing to slide out of the bed to get up and use the master bathroom, when she felt a warm hand catch her waist and help pull her back into bed.

Sadie smiled wide and her heart swelled as she turned to look at her husband, with bed head and tired eyes and still looking so beautiful as he smiled up at her, then pulling her into him and kissing her neck. She never thought she could love him any more before when they were dating, but she swore her love grew for him all the time. This whole marriage thing brought a whole new wave of love over them.

"Last night was amazing," Grayson mumbled as they laid facing each other. He stroked her hair and her face as he admired her. "I couldn't have imagined anything better."

Sadie nodded, "I know. It's the wedding I always dreamed of before I married you." She smiled, laughing a little as she pointed out, "It sounds so weird, saying that. That we're married. It's something I'm going to have to get used to."

Grayson nodded and smiled wide in agreement. "I know. How do you feel, Sadie Dolan?"

"I feel amazing, thank you for asking." They both laughed as she ran her fingers through his hair and held his steady gaze, her hands behind his head. She leaned forward slightly to kiss the spot right beside his lips, then a few more times leading to the space behind his ear, and he laughed, completely filled with joy as he gripped her waist in his hands, running his thumbs back and forth on her skin lovingly.

So this is what love is.

She rested her head on his chest and he stretched out onto his back, then wrapping his arms around her and kissing her head gently, the familiar scent of her gracing his nose.

He never wanted to let go.