Rescue Mission

*Dean*

"Sam, you sure about this?"

He nodded vehemently and looked a little frustrated, "Yes...for the fiftieth time, I'm sure! I know what I dreamt...or saw...whatever. I'm positive."

"And you're positive it's gonna happen in New York?"

Sam rolled his eyes, "Yeah. And I'm also sure it's happening tonight...and I even know the bar where she works, I saw the name on her uniform, ok? Does that cover everything? Or is there more that I'm sure you already know...because I've said it already?" He asked, slightly, well, more than slightly agitated. But I wasn't complaining. I understood what he was going through...or what he must be going through. Having death visions can't be easy on a psyche.

I smirked, "Jesus princess, ok...don't get your panties in a bunch. Just making sure."

He nodded, and looked out the window, "I wish I knew what we're dealing with. I can't see the thing's face."

I patted him on the back, "Well, we know where, we have a good idea of when, and we're halfway there. I'd say we have a little bit of a head start."

Sam shrugged, "Dean?"

"Yeah man."

"Something feels...I don't know. Different about this. It's making me feel kinda uncomfortable, to be honest. Be careful," He said looking both tired and worried.

I nodded, "Will do," I said, unable to think of a witty response. Then Sam turned completely away from me, and I figured he wanted to be left alone. So I continued driving, in silence. Off into God only knows what.

--**********--*********--********--

*Riley*

"Sarah, I promise...it's no problem. Just let me cover your shift" I said, hoping she'd listen to me.

I had had a vivid dream the night before...too vivid. It was my best friend, and part-time roommate Sarah, being butchered and left for dead in front of Central Park. That wasn't the first time I'd had a dream like that...and they usually came true. It's just that, that was the first time I had one about someone I knew and loved.

I figured if I took over from her...it'd never happen.

Besides, I had taken so many self-defense classes; I knew I could take care of myself better than she could in that type of a situation. I also knew no one else would cover her shift, and I didn't want her getting fired.

"Jesus Riley," Sarah whined over the phone. "OK...ok...fine. I'll take the time. But you be careful Hon, I don't want you getting hurt," She said, giving up on trying to talk me out of it.

I smiled to myself, "Don't worry about me...I gotta go now, or I'll be late."

"You call me as soon as you get home, ok?" Sarah yelled.

"No problem Sarah...you're not coming home tonight?"

She scoffed, "I might...but I might not. Since I have the night off, I might as well hang out with my man, right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Uh-huh...just spare me the details, love you...gotta go." We said our goodbyes and I flipped my phone shut. I grabbed my uniform, changed into it, and ran to the nearest subway.

I made it to the restaurant with enough time to get settled, and still have fifteen minutes left over. I moaned as the realization hit that I hadn't packed a change of clothes.

Shit me...

"Riley...what are you doing here?" Asked Billy, the assistant manager.

I shrugged, "Sarah had an emergency, and I promised to cover her shift."