Goodbye...

*Riley*

I opened my eyes, and looked over to my clock, it read 3:18. It was still dark outside, so I assumed it was AM, rather than PM. My head was aching, my mouth was dry, and there was an annoying noise filling my room, I turned on my bedside lamp to find the source.
Standing over me was a thing with black eyes, and a smug grin. It was holding me down, and whispering something in what had to have been either gibberish or some ancient, forgotten language. I screamed, and screamed, but nothing came out. It started shaking me, and it was telling me to wake up. Then I felt a lash of pain, and instead of a monster, Dean was leaning over me...shaking me and telling me to wake up. I was sweating and breathing hard, It was just a dream, I thought to myself.
Dean looked down at me with a worried expression.
"I heard you screaming, and I thought..." He trailed off.
I smiled lightly, and he stepped back as I sat up.
I shrugged, "I'm sorry."
He looked at me curiously, "What for?"
I shrugged, and he got ready to walk out, but I grabbed his hand to stop him. He turned to me, squeezing my hand, and I blurted the only thing I could.
"Can you please stay with me?"
Several different reactions played on his face as he briefly mulled over it. He, eventually, gave me a one sided smile and sat on the bed...right next to me. His back was up against the headboard, and his legs were stretched out as he pulled me close to him. I laid my head on his chest and found myself calming down to the sound of his heart.
He was warm, and surprisingly comfy...like a demon killing teddy bear. Right before I drifted off, I heard him say: "Its gonna be ok, Riley...you're ok." And as much as I wanted to believe him, I knew nothing would be the same again...whether I liked it or not.
I woke up a few hours later, and saw that I had received a text message from Sarah. I had sent her one the night before, and she had replied two hours later.
It read: OMG...Riley I was worried sick when u didnt call me. I'm still at Davids place. I swear you better have a good explanation when I get home..like finally getting laid.
I rolled my eyes, and sighed...then I heard voices in the living room...Sam and Dean I guess.
I padded silently to the living room, wondering what they were loud-whispering about, and heard them arguing.
"Dean...do you really think it's a good idea to just leave her here??" Asked Sam.
"Do you have any better ideas Sammy? Please...I am all ears," Dean said, sounding fed-up.
I decided to make an appearance before they tried to make anymore decisions about me with zero input from...well... me. I stepped into the living room, and Sam was the first one to see me, then Dean. They both looked at me, guilt written all over their faces.
"Who were you guys talking about?" I asked.
"You," Dean answered.
I cocked a brow, and Sam came and stood in front of me.
"We're just trying to figure out what to do now. I mean, now that we know that you're like me, and a possible target...I, we don't really wanna leave you, but-"
I put my hand up, and he stopped talking.
"Ok, you mean to tell me, that you assholes came into my life, messed with the whole balance of my psyche, brought this evil, demon, angel, and unicorn crap into my apartment...and now that you've made me a target...you want to just 'leave me'?" I looked at them incredulously, while Sam searched for words.
"I already told you sweetheart, no such thing as unicorns," Dean said with a one sided smirk, and both Sam and I glared at him.
Sam put his hands up, and Dean stood between me and Sam, looming over me. He looked down at me and handed me a card. I bit my lip, "What's this?"
He took a breath, "There's a guy- a good friend, that can help you if you ever need it. That's his number...his name is Bobby. If you're ever in trouble, just call him and tell him Dean...Dean Winchester gave you his number. And...um--if things do go south, my number is there too, right below his."
I nodded, "Can you guys just be plain with me?"
"Yeah...no problem," They answered.
"How much danger am I in?" I asked reluctantly.
Sam answered, "Riley...we don't really know...I'm sorry."
I nodded and tried to process what my life had become over the past thirty-eight hours.
"So...this is goodbye?"
Dean picked up a large bag and walked out of the door without an answer, leaving me and Sam alone.
Sam sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "We have to keep moving...looking for our dad and hunting. But I think you should keep this just in case," He handed me a hand gun, and a box of ammo. I looked down at it, confused, then back up at him.
"We replaced the gun powder with rock salt. It won't kill a demon, but it'll give you a head start." I nodded even though I didn't really get it. He put a hand on my shoulder, and gave me a sad, almost sympathetic smile.
"Bye, Riley...stay safe." He said, as Dean walked back in.
He walked out of the door, and Dean stood in front of me with an uncomfortable look.
"So, I gue-" I wanted to say something witty, but he pulled me in a hug, cutting me off.
He wrapped one hand around my waist, and the other held my head against his chest.
"Promise me Riley."
I furrowed my brows and tried to pull away, but he held me close to him.
"Promise me," He said more forcefully, "Promise me you'll call Bobby if you're in trouble."
I nodded, "Yeah...I promise."
He squeezed me, and then let me go. I smiled at him and play punched his right arm, "Don't get all soft on me, princess."
He rolled his eyes and smiled, "See ya around," He said as he opened my front door.
Before he could walk out, Sarah stormed in. First she looked at me, then she looked at Dean...then back to me.
"Oh. My. God. I KNEW YOU GOT LAID!!"
********************************************
*Dean*

"Dean...did you hear me?" Sam asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I shook my head, "What was that, Sammy?"
Sam gave me his signature 'I-know-you're-not-ok,-and-something's-wrong-but-I'm-not-gonna-pressure-you-right-now' look, and I squirmed uncomfortably, keeping my attention on the road.
"I said," Sam started, "I don't feel like we made the right call here, Dean."
I waved my hand in the air, exasperated, "Sam...give me one other option that would make sense."
Sam thought for a second, "Taking her with us...training her."
I leaned back and looked at him, "I said 'That would make sense'."
"Dean...I mean it."
I looked at him incredulously, "That girl has her whole life ahead of her; she has a chance at a normal life...at happiness, at a family. Why would you want to take that away, and curse her with our life...with a hunters life?" I said, frustration taking over.
To me, that'd be like bringing Sam back into the life after he had gotten out, gone to school, got the girl...and God knows, I regret that decision every day. I regret it with every new town, every motel, every car ride, every monster, every joke...I regret it. And I wasn't about to make the same mistake all over again.
Sam shook his head, "Dean, you know that her life will never be even remotely normal again. And now, she's in danger."
I shrugged, "She's kinda always been in danger, Sam."
Sam looked fed up, and tired, "Yeah, but we could help her. We could-"
I pulled over, and screeched to a halt, "We could what? Help her by turning her into a hunter? How is that any better than death?"
Sam took a breath, but didn't answer...meaning: Sam- 0, Dean- Wins.
I pulled back onto I-495, leaving the city.
"Sam...we did what we could. Now we have to let it go"
But, as confident in our decision as I tried to sound, I had the same feeling Sam did...and I couldn't shake it.
***************************************
*Sam*

It wasn't so much a feeling, but a premonition.
I had that same sense of foreboding about Jess, back when Dean first told me Dad had vanished. I guess that's part of why I was so invested; she reminded me of Jess in a weird way. Same no nonsense, fireball, enigmatic personality.
I wanted to convey what I sensed to Dean, but he was in one of his moods. I could tell that something was bothering him...I just didn't know what. I sat in silence, letting Dean think he had won the argument, but in reality I was just racking my brain...trying to come up with ways to keep an eye on Riley--ways to keep her safe.
I hoped she'd call Bobby, but what if she never got the chance? What if Yellow Eyes got to her before she could even pick up the phone? Dean's argument was that if we took her with us, to stay with Bobby, she'd lose a chance at a normal life; but that chance was over. If she had had a chance at a normal life, then 1) It was a matter of time before he caught up with her, and 2) the second we entered her life...the second the wraith attacked her, normal was over. I didn't see harm in taking her to Bobby, and I knew that somehow, this was gonna bite us in the ass...but this wasn't something I wanted to spend the next fifty years arguing about, so I dropped it.I flipped open a newspaper I had in the back.
"So, several reported break ins in one neighborhood," I said, and Dean shrugged.
"So?"
"Well get this," I said as I read on, "Each home had surveillance, but no one showed up on the recordings."
I paused and looked over it again, "Think we have a case?"
Dean smiled, "I think we need to salt and burn some bones."
*****************************************************
OK! And now...in the next chapter, it will be one year later. That's all I'm telling without giving spoilers.
I hope you guys liked this chapter, and I threw a Sam POV in their too. Please Vote and Comment and SHARE this story!! TYGSM. I LOVE YOU GUYS FOREVER