Prologue

Eren's POV

I pulled the cover over my head, plugged the cord into my laptop, and hit play. Once again, I came home from Gymnasium, locked myself in my room and let that euphoria wash over me as the familiar face popped up on my screen. Hair fell in front of his grey eyes, the ones that held more emotion than his whole face at once. Slowly, yet surely, a slight smile widened on his porcelain face as he opened the video with his usual greeting!

"Hey, brats. Levi here."

To say I'm obsessed with the YouTuber Levi Ackerman, or Midget Cleanfreak would certainly be an understatement... I have t-shirts, posters around my room, images saved on my phone taking over the lock and home screens, and even a body pillow; yes, that exists! It's been my dream to meet him, but he's never done any conventions here in Germany, or, until now, that is.

"Just a quick video for you all today. Many of you have been asking if I'm going to the AMYC Con in Berlin this year, and I'm pleased to say I am! I'll have a stall in the main hall right near the stage," his face dropped slightly, "Joy..." The murmur slipped from his lips. Before my head could even register what was happening, I'd thrown my fleece that was over my head onto the rug, leaving my brown hair sticking up in every direction, and bolted upright. Admittedly, I struggled, but succeeded in not squealing while I listened to the rest of his announcement.

"There, you'll be able to get an autograph, picture if you wish, and even exclusive merchandise. Tickets for AMYCC are available now, for the weekend of the 18th November 2016, exactly two months from today! The link to the Con's website's in the description below, so get your debit card out brats! That's all, so Levi out!" His hand covered the camera as he signed out. Instantaneously, I slammed my Windows Laptop down. I unplugged my iPhone and hurtled down the stairs.

"Mum! Mum!! Get this, right! Levi is finally doin' a con here! Epic right! I can go, yeah?! I can see him can't I!?" I practically screamed to my mum once I'd recovered my breath. She was sat at the dining table with the monthly SHOUNEN JUMP magazine open before her. I'm very pleased to say I have an awesome mother who loves anime and manga, so she doesn't judge my unhealthy addiction to YouTube...

Her hair was dark brown, almost black in colour, and was tied loosely in a hair band over her shoulder; her chocolate brown eyes shined with kindness. She wore a cream sweater (how she could wear it in that heat, I couldn't comprehend) and a red skirt coming just above her knees. She's definitely stylish, I'll tell you that. Her eyes met mine and she chuckled slightly at my enthusiasm.

"Eren, dear! Calm down! So, Levi's doing a convention here? That's nice. How much are the tickets?" Tickets! I forgot about them... I thought to myself. I unlocked my phone, opened up google, and commenced searching. Without looking up, I plodded over to the table and pulled out a wooden chair for me to sit on, although I shivered at the horrible screech that came from the wooden seat against the floor as I pulled it out. Finally sat down and breathing normally, I put down my phone and shot my mother a worried glance.

"It's about €46."

"That's not so bad, Eren, cheer up! You can go. I'll make it, say, an early Christmas Present! But, you can't go on your own... Mikasa will go with you!"

I assume she was listening in, but as if on cue, my adopted sister, Mikasa, shouted from in the living room, "I'm not standing in line for three hours with a bunch of sexually confused teenagers just to get a picture with a tiny gay guy with OCD!!!! I refuse!" Sadly, Mikasa hated Levi and hated it more when all I spoke about was his latest videos. My mother, Carla, her name is, sighed from beside me, as if to say, 'She'll never understand our fandoms...'

"Ask Armin. He likes some manga and anime, doesn't he? Maybe his grandfather will let him go?"

I did as my mum suggested, and called him. I explained what it was, and after asking, he was allowed! Finally, I'd be able to meet the one and only person who understood me!