Chapter 1

The above picture is how I imagined the Kelly Crawford character would look like.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelly POV

In my twenty five years of living on this earth, I have been through many things that a girl my age shouldn't go through. I've witnessed the people I love go through pain. I have a messed up life, but none of that matters because I still have to keep moving forward.

I have no choice but to survive.

I'm at a group interview for the assistant position at Morgan's Empire. I looked around at the other girls that are here for the same position, they were dressed in clothes that were revealing. I believe that people should not be dress like that in the work environment so I was dressed in a simple blue dress, right above the knee with white heels.

"Kelly Crawford", a man dress in a suit called my name. I stood up and walked towards him.

"Steve", I mentally read his name tag.

"Follow me Miss", he said in a polite tune and I followed him to the place where the interview will take place.

When I got into the office I looked at my surroundings. The walls and all the furnitures were gray.

There was a man dressed in a gray suit sitting behind a desk. "This guy loves gray", I thought.

His hands were crossed on the desk and the way he was looking at me scared me a little. He starred at me head to toe as if he was examining my figure. I was standing in the same spot for about two minutes. What felt like two minutes, was no more than ten seconds.

He still hadn't said anything and I was not going to be the one to start the conversation.

"You can leave now", he finally said to Steve and he left, leaving me in the room with this guy.

"Sit", he said and I made my way towards the sofa.

He got up from behind his desk and headed towards me with a yellow folder in his hands. He sat beside me and I moved over to get more space between us because the closeness bought me discomfort. He let out a small laugh because of the way I reacted but I ignored it. While he was reading information in the folder, I took my chance to examine him and he was actually handsome.

"Miss Crawford", he said with a smile, looking at me with his dark brown eyes and I just gave him a small shy smile.

"You don't talk?"

"Y-yes I do", I stuttered.

"Okay good!", he said standing up and closing the folder. He stretched his hand out, I grabbed it to give him a handshake but he pulled me to my feet and I landed on his hard chest. I lowered my head, looking at the ground then moved away from him so I can have my personal space. He stretched out his hand again and I looked at him confused.

"Lesson number one: when shaking someone's hand you should STAND straight, make eye contact and look confident", he said with his hand still stretched out in front of me.

I stood up as straight as I can and I looked him straight in the eye with the little amount of confidence that I had. I reached for his hand and he gave me a firm handshake.

"You start tomorrow at 10:00. Make sure you're not late on your first day", he said and as soon as those words left his mouth I was grinning like an idiot.

"Thank you so much Mr Morgan", I said with a huge smile on my face and left the building.

I was walking towards the bus stop and I noticed that the bus had already arrived. If I miss this bus I would have to wait for another hour for the next one to arrive so I started running as fast as I can with heels on. The driver was about to close the door but eventually I made it right on time. I got on the bus and sat at the first available row. I took my heels off and started massaging my toes.

::::::::::::::::::::

My house was only thirty minutes away from the job. I got off the bus and walked to my door barefoot because my feet can no longer handle the heels.

I took a deep breath before putting my hand on the doorknob and opening the door. I walked into the place and immediately a frown was formed on my face. I don't consider this place home because home is suppose to be the place where you can hide and feel safe from the outside. But in my case, the outside is the only place I call home. It's the only place I want to be.

"Dad!", I called out for him as I walked in the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to yell in this house!", he shouted at me, standing in the doorway and I jumped by his sudden appearance.

He walked towards me, wobbling every step he took in his drunken state. He stood in front of me and just starred at me without saying a word. My throat was starting to get dry so I pick up my bottle of water from the kitchen counter. I hesitantly took off the top and brought the bottle to my mouth. Every time I swallowed I felt the dryness in my throat start to fade away. Then all of a sudden my father pushed the bottle into my mouth and I started to choke on water.

"Did you get the job", he asked me while still holding the bottle in the same position.

"Seriously Dad! Your asking me this while you shove a bottle down my throat. As if this is all normal!!!", I thought.

I nodded my head to the best of my ability and my whole body starts to shake uncontrollably.

"Good!", he said then removed the bottle from my mouth, placed it back on the counter. He walked out of the kitchen, not even taking another look at me. I was left on the floor holding my chest and coughing nonstop, trying to get the forced water out of my lungs.

Now you know why I say that my life is messed up.