Chapter 11

Kelly POV

I laid on my bed, looking at the ceiling. I could barley even see the ceiling because of how dark the room was. I just couldn't sleep. My thoughts were only on the conversation that I had with my dad.

I got out of bed and made my way to Mr Morgan's room. I sat on the left side of the bed while he laid on the right side with his bare chest and the covers over his waist.

"What are you doing up?", he asked and turned around facing me. Thank goodness he's up, I need someone to talk too.

"My dad told me to check on my brother who is in foster care", I said looking at the wall.

"You have a brother?", he asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Yup. Technically that's what him and my mom were arguing about the night before she died", I said while still looking at the wall.

"Is that why you're up?", he asked and I nodded, although I knew he probably didn't see because of the darkness.

"We can go and check up on him in the morning if you want too."

"What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't want to see me or what if he doesn't want anything to do with me?", I asked the questions that have been running through my mind.

"Anyone who doesn't like you is an idiot. Now get some sleep, we'll talk about it tomorrow", he said then gently pulled my shoulders down for me to lay down.

I laid my head on the pillow and laid on my side, facing the wall then he put the covers over me.

Couple of hours later I drifted off to a dream.

My dad stood before me in his usual drunken state. "You slutty gold digger! Why haven't you come to see or check up on me yet! You find money now so you forget about me. How can you abandoned me! I thought we were a team! I thought we were family!", he screamed at me while I laid on the floor shivering in tears.

"It's okay, I'm right here", Mr Morgan kept repeating into my ear and I woke up from my dream. I mean Nightmare.

I was still shivering while his bare chest was on my back and his hands were wrapped around me squeezing me tight.

I stopped shivering and started evening my breathing. His arm was close to my nose and I could inhale his sweet smell.

"Your okay", he said, still holding onto me.

I didn't say a word and I fell into a deep slumber again.

*************

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust to the light in the room. When my eyesight became clear, I saw Mr Morgan sitting by my feet. He was shirtless and had only his boxers on. He still had his bed head. When he saw that I was awake, he handed me a glass of water.

"How long have you been sitting there?", I asked and sat up to take a sip of my water.

"I lost track of time. But I was there long enough to know that your actually a silent sleeper. You don't snore nor move", he said moving his self up so that his feet can rest on the bed. "What were you saying about your brother?", he asked and I took the last sip of my drink.

"I want to meet him", I said playing with my fingers.

"Lets go today", he said while adjusting his legs to a more comfortable position.

"I'm going to work. I told you not to treat me differently", I said.

"Your already late so I forbid you to clock in today", he said and I just shook my head.

"What was that dream about last night?", he asked now changing the topic.

"Nothing", I said then quickly got up off the bed and walked to the bathroom, avoiding the topic.

"It didn't look like nothing", I heard him say when I shut the door.

After I was done peeing I noticed that I forgot I was in his bathroom. All my belongings were in the other room.

I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to my room. Thankfully he was not there.

*************

Mr Morgan made some phone calls and now we're in the parking lot of where my brother was staying and I could feel my nervousness creeping through my veins.

"He's not going to hate you", he said. Is my nervousness that obvious?

We got into the building, we registered our names and the time we walked in then we talked to an instructor about who we wanted to see and why. After that we sat at an available table and waited.

Every time when the door opened and someone walked out, I kept thinking 'is that him'. Even if it was a girl that walked out.

Five minutes later a boy walked in and I immediately knew that it was him.

"That's him", I said elbowing Mr Morgan.

"How do you know that?", he asked while the instructor talked to Roy.

"He resembles my grandfather", I said and he nodded his head in understanding.