Chapter 20

Kelly POV

I walked into his office with his coffee and sat it on the table.

"Thanks", he said getting up and walking towards me. "Nice turtle neck", he said laughing at my attempt to hide the mark on my neck and I gave him a small smile. "So yesterday I was thinking about us"

"What about us?", I asked.

"I know you wasn't planning on living with me for too long, but I was hoping to change your mind. Would you consider living with me permanently? I can see our relationship going somewhere", he paused. "I just wanted you to know my opinion before you start looking for an apartment.", he said holding my hands in his.

I simply smiled.

"What's with the fake smile Kelly. It's okay if you don't want to make it official yet. I don't want to force you into anything", his expression saddened.

"No! It's not that"

"It looks like something is bothering you. What's wrong?", he asked reading my expression and rubbing my hands with his thumbs.

"I want to go and see my dad but I don't want to upset you. Now before you say anything, I just want you to know that I've thought about the consequences. I have been looking into rehab and I wanted to talk to him about getting some help with his addiction. I am still going to go and talk to him no matter what you say. But if you decide to come with me, it'll make me very happy", I said.

"When are we going?", he said and I looked up at him surprised that he did not disagree.

"Let's go today", I smiled happily.

I leaned in closer, kissing him slowly. "It's official"

"I just have one question", I said and he signaled me to continue. "How long will this hickey last?", I asked pointing at my neck.

"Well........I was going to take you really hard last week, so knowing how rough I can be, I'll probably give it another week to fade away", he said and I stomped out of his office.

************

The afternoon came and we left the office to pick up Roy from football practice.

"Where are we going?", Roy asked when he noticed we were not on our way home.

"I am going to have a talk with my dad", I answered him.

"It was about time I met the guy who put his hands on you", he said and I looked back at him.

When we got to my dad's house we rang the door bell. He gave me a warm fatherly hug when he saw that it was me. He invited us in and we sat down in the living room. The house was surprisingly clean. I thought he looked like he was doing fine until I saw the empty alcohol bottles. I talked to him about rehab and the advantages of it and he agreed to get the help that he needed. When we were done talking about everything he leaded us outside and gave me another hug. He also gave Roy a handshake and then he whispered something into Mr Morgan's ear which made him smile.

We were headed to the car when shots started being fired at us. Mr Morgan grabbed me and Roy, and we ducked behind a car, using it as a shield. I covered my ears with my palms and closed my eyes because they were too loud and scary, and they brought back to many memories. Couple of minutes later the shots stopped and I moved my palms from my ears and opened my eyes.

"Your bleeding!", I said looking at Mr Morgan's arm with blood on it.

"Roy call an ambulance!", I yelled at Roy and took off my shirt leaving me in only a singlet. I wrapped my shirt around his arm to slow down the bleeding just like I see in the movies. In a few minutes the ambulance came.

When we got to the hospital, they carried him in a room to treat him.

After an hour a nurse leaded us to his room. When we got to his room he was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed and I walked over to him. I looked at his arm examining the wound.

"I'm okay", he said when he saw the worried look on my face and I gave him a hug.

*************

I was laying on my bed but couldn't fall asleep so I made my way over to his room. When I saw that he was awake, I walked closer to the bed. "Are you okay?", I asked.

"Yes. I told you I'm fine"

"But I'm not", I said truthfully.

"What's wrong?", He asked then moved over for me to climb on the bed.

"We could have died out there", I said laying on my side with my back facing him.

"But we didn't. Now stop thinking about it and get some sleep", he said then pulled the covers over me.

I started crying because of the fear that one of us could have died today. I felt him move closer and snatch my waist, bringing me even closer. I could feel his chest move up and down every time he took a breath. However, the warmth of his chest made me relax and I started to fall asleep.