Chapter 10

The above picture is how I imagined the Charlie Penn (biological father) character would look like
~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelly POV

He had scars on his arms, some looked old, some were fading away while some looked fresh as if he just got them. Although he was growing old and had gray hair, he is still just as handsome as I remembered. No matter how different he looks, I will always recognize him.

He sat on his side of the glass and picked up the telephone.

"Kels?", he asked as if in disbelief.

"Yes, it's me", after those words left my mouth he just started crying and being the emotional person that I am, silent tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm so happy to see you", he said between sobs.

"I'm sorry I took so long", I said looking at my father through the glass.

"I don't blame you sweetheart, at least your here now", he said with a little smile.

"My boss, Mr Morgan, convinced me to speak to you", I said honestly.

"Well when you see him tell him I said thanks", he said.

"Dad. What happened with mom? Why did you kill her? I thought you loved her?", I asked getting straight to the reason why I'm here.

"We had an argument", he said and I leaned forward, urging him to continue. "I cheated on your mom", when those words left his mouth, the first thing I wanted to do was leave but I remembered what Mr Morgan told me.

"The night before the incident, I came home and told her that my one nightstand was pregnant", he said with sadness in his voice and I opened my eyes in shock. "She was furious. She said that she wanted an immediate divorce and take you with her to Chicago, where she was raised. I couldn't stand the thought of the two of you leaving me because of how much I loved you guys. The next day, I didn't even go to work. I spent the whole day at the bar. By the time I got home I could not hold myself. The next thing I knew, I woke up in a cell with a hangover. I was confused. I couldn't remember anything. I screamed for one of the guards and they filled me in on what had happened. My memory came back and I pleaded guilty. Up to this day I still feel just as bad", he said ending his story and I just stared blankly into space.

"You look just like her Kels. I thought that I'd never see you again", he said.

"Thanks! All I came for was answers", I said picking up my bag off the floor.

I'm forcing myself to be mad at him, to hate him but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to it. How could I hate the only man that treated me right. Sometimes I wish my other dad would just kill me so I wouldn't have to go through it another day. It would be a way easier.

"Dad. I forgive you", I said truthfully and stood up to leave.

"Wait!", he said and I turned around to face him.

"Please check on my son, your brother. He's in foster care. His name is Roy Penn. I need to know if he's doing okay", he said and I could see the love he had for us in his eyes.

"Dad! Hopefully one day I'll be able to come here and hug you", I said and we shared a small smile.

I got out of the room with a smile on my face. I'm glad I came to speak to him. He filled in a lot of blanks.

"I guess that went well", Mr Morgan said putting his hand on my lower back, leading me out of the building.

"Better than I expected", I said with a smile and he opened the door for me.

"He said to tell you thank you", I said when he started the car.

"Me? For what?", he said while pulling out of the parking lot.

"For convincing me................. I mean for forcing me", I said putting more input on the word forcing.

"I did not force you!", he said trying to defend himself.

"So what do you call, keeping me in the car until I spoke to him?", I asked and he just laughed leaving my question unanswered.