Chapter 13

Shaun POV

Its been a week since Kelly was told that she can not have custody of her brother. I decided that it was time to tell her what I've been up to this week. She thought that we were on our way to work but I'm actually carrying her to see Roy.

"Where are we going?", she asked when she finally realized that we were not on our way to the office.

"We are going to see Roy", I said keeping my eyes on the road.

"But he's at school", she said and I laughed.

"No he's not"

"Why?"

"You'll see when we get there", I said taking a glance at her and our eyes met.

"How am I suppose to tell him that he's staying in the system", she said and I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"You haven't spoken to him in almost four months. He's going to think that you've abandon him", I said parking the car and turning the engine off.

When we walked in the building he was already sitting at the table waiting for us. We walked over to the table and sat across from him.

"Sorry I haven't come to see you since last time", she said to him while playing with her fingers. I'm starting to notice that she plays with her fingers a lot when she's nervous.

"That's okay because whatever you did worked", he said and I just watched their conversation until it was my turn to come in.

"What are you talking about?", she asked with confusion written all over her face.

"I'm going to get adopted", he said obviously excited.

"What? By who?", she asked and now they both looked confused.

"By me", I said finally entering the conversation.

"No! I can't let you do that", she said now facing me.

"Now it's technically too late to stop me because we're almost done with the paper work. He's going to move in with us today and as soon as all the paper work is done, it will be official", I said explaining to the both of them.

"Why would you even do that?", she asked and I just looked away not answering because I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

"I don't see a problem with that", he said looking at Kelly for her approval.

"Come on let's go get your stuff", I said getting up, avoiding the look that Kelly was giving me.

When we were done packing all of his belongings into the car, he said goodbye to his instructors and we headed home.

The silence in the car was unbearable so I turned on the radio to lighten up the mood.

"Seriously dude! jazz", Roy said in the back seat, laughing.

"I know right", Kelly said joining him in laughter. I ignored the both of them and sang along with the song while my attention was on the road.

"Oh my gosh! I live with a king", he said looking out the window and me and Kelly laughed.

I allowed him to pick any room that he wanted and he picked the one down the hall. When we were done bringing all of his belongings to his room, I went to my office to set up a meeting while Kelly helped him settle in.

I heard a knock on the door and told the person to come in. Roy walked in, sat on the sofa and I moved my eyes off of the computer screen to give him my full attention.

"How are you liking the place?", I asked getting up to sit beside him.

"The place is awesome!", he said roaming his eyes around my office. "I just wanted to know the conditions".

"Conditions?"

"Like what are your rules? Curfew?", he asked.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about those", I said and he laughed while I was being totally serious.

"Okay................hmmm on school days you come straight home from school and on weekends your curfew is ten o'clock. I expect you to do good in school, A's and B's. If your going somewhere you call/text me or Kelly and if you lie to me I will find out because I have connections. I will get you a phone by tomorrow so whenever something is wrong with you or your in trouble you call me, no matter how big of a problem it is. You are not to throw parties in this house!! You are only allowed to bring friends over if me and Kelly approve. You will also be punished if you break any of those rules", I said then sat up leaning my elbows on my knees.

"You look like you rehearsed this", he said looking at me.

"Actually, those are the exact same rules I had when I was your age. I also want you to know that nothing will be handed to you, if you want something you have to work for it", I said and he nodded in understanding.

"What are your rules on girls?", he asked and I smirked.

"Take all of them!!!!!" I wanted to say but I know that that's bad advice.

"Don't get anyone's kid pregnant and don't date a slut because their not worth it", I said giving him the best advice that I can. He got up and made his way to the door.

"I also have one rule for you", he said turning around facing me with his hand still on the door knob.

"Excuse me", I said and chuckled under my breath in disbelief.

"If you break my sister's heart, your a dead man", he said giving me a death stare.

"Me and Kelly are not what you think we are", I said standing up and walking to him.

"Any one with eyes can see the way you look at her when she's not looking", he said with a smirk and left me standing there.

Am I attracted to Kelly? Of course I'm attracted to her, she's gorgeous!! Do I have a crush on her? NO!