Chapter 18

Shaun POV

After forever, she finally pulled away. By her reaction, I can see that she's shocked about her actions. She quickly opened the door and walked back into the building. I could have ran after her but I also needed time to process what just happened. I walked to one of the tables and sat down. Couple minutes later Troy came and sat beside me.

"Why is Dave talking to your date", he said and I turned my head back to where she was standing to see if he was telling the truth.

When I saw him talking to her, I could feel every muscle in my body tighten with anger. I started making my way over to them, pushing through the crowd.

"There's the handsome guy", Dave said when he saw me approaching them.

"Can you give us a minute", I said to Kelly. She gave me a confused look but walked into the crowd. "Stay away from her", I growled, showing him that my anger level was off the scale.

"I think that it should be you staying away from her before she ends up like your last partner", he said then walked away with a smile on his face.

What the hell did I get her into.

I walked all around the room looking for Kelly. When I found her, she was speaking to Roy.

"Let's go we're leaving", I said and they started walking to the exit.

I held her shoulders as we made our way to the limo. When we got to the limo, I opened the door for her and she got in. I looked around for any signs of Dave but he was out of sight. I got in the car and the whole ride to the house I kept my focus out the window.

All I could think about was Kelly. I should have never kissed her! A part of me regrets it while the other part of me was happy and satisfied.

When I got inside the house, I didn't say a word to either of them and made my way to my bedroom.

I laid on the bed trying to sleep but I couldn't because my thoughts would not rest. I took my phone to check the time. It was 2:31 am.

She's probably asleep by now.

I made my way to her room and slowly opened the door so I would not wake her up. She was laying on the bed with her blanket all the way up to her neck.

I sat on the floor close to the bed and watched her sleep.

Kelly POV

"Let's go we're leaving", he said when he approached me and Roy.

I wondered why he wanted us to leave so early but I did not argue and made my way towards the exit.

I felt chills when he put his hands on my shoulder. He was guiding me in front of him as if he was protecting me from something. I don't know what concerned him so much. Maybe it was the kiss.

When we got to the limo he opened the door for me then looked back as if someone was following us. I thought it was weird but I did not question him. The whole ride was quite, no one said a word. He stared out the window as if something was wrong.

When we got to the house, he immediately went upstairs. It was obvious that he was avoiding me.

"I don't think he's acting up because of the kiss", Roy said and I turned around to face him.

"How do you know about that?", I said with an embarrassing expression.

"I was looking for you guys...........and there you were", he said with a laugh.