Haunting On The Thames River

The Runaways

Copyright © 2012 Danielle Moynihan

All rights reserved

Chapter 1

Althaia's POV

London is a very good spot to hide from trained killers out to get you. In fact, any big city is. Especially if you're a boarding school girl visiting from another country on a field trip.

Staring out onto the Thames River, I didn't notice that more than half of my classmates were already off the bridge.

Shivering, I pulled the hood of my grey school sweater up, straightened the navy skirt, un-tucked my white school blouse, and loosened the navy tie.

Rushing to join the other girls in my school, I accidentally dropped my notebook, and bent to pick it up. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the same silvery-grey t-shirt slowly walk closer to me, and a shiver coursed through me as I thought of what would happen if....

"Hello, Althaia."

I stiffened as I heard the cold voice say my name. The name that only a few people in the world know. Against my better judgement, a part of me still trusted the speaker, and I turned to face them, together, as they always were. Frozen with the same perfect looks as before. One with pitch-black hair, the other with sandy blond. One with jade eyes, the other with silvery grey eyes. Both with naturally pale skin.

"Aren't you happy to see us?" The girl smiled sadistically.

I was dimly aware of the boy injecting me with something that edged my vision with black. Summoning the last of my strength, I replied.

"More like you're coming back to haunt me."

Then the ground rushed up to meet me, and my eyes, heavy from the injection, closed softly.