Shimmer and Shadow

Copyright © 2012 Danielle Moynihan

All rights reserved

(No copyright intended with the songs in this story, I do not take credit for them, nor do I own them.)

Okay, I know I gave a bunch of hints, but none of them were really clear, so I just want to give the Nox family tree, just so there's no confusion:

Oldest siblings: Ash and Asher (twins) [23 years old, frozen at 19]

Asher- blonde hair, sparkling jade eyes, kinder of the two twins but still mean at times, loves Supernatural (thinks its hilarious) and his cars. Hates melodramatics and people who don't like American football.

Ash- long dark hair, silvery-grey eyes, almost always wearing a smirk, loves Pretty Little Liars and her shoe collection. Hates winter and being interrupted.

Second: Adare, Caden, Althaia (triplets) [17 years old]

Adare- long dark hair, matching dark brown eyes with flecks of green and grey, feels responsible for all of her siblings and their parents' abandoning them. Loves singing and playing her flute. Hates her siblings wrestling over the TV remote, and when Rynia decides the room is 'too clean'.

Athaia- wavy dirty-blonde hair, blueish-greenish-greyish eyes, wishes she had a British accent. Loves her music playlist and the smell of popcorn at the movie theatres. Hates staying in one city for more than a week, and the fact that she 'apparently can't smirk right,' according to Asher.

Caden- long dark hair, light blueish greenish eyes, rebel of the family along with Rynia. Loves wrestling over the TV remote, and getting on Adare's (or any authority figure's) nerves. Hates getting yelled at (ergo, will yell back), and losing.

Next: Ryle, Rynia, Raina (triplets) [15 years old]

Ryle- dark hair, brown eyes, will not wake up any later than 6 in the morning. Loves surfing and Xbox. Hates when Rynia decides to play Wii (she'll turn off his Xbox), and loud noises.

Rynia- her hair is dyed lightning blue, golden eyes, knows every secret you've ever tried to keep. Loves staying in her pyjamas all day to watch re-runs and movies, and all things shiny. Hates authority, and her parents for leaving them.

Raina- golden hair, lightning blue eyes, can usually be found reading. Loves taking pictures, and architecture. Hates modern styles (not including technology, like laptops and iPhones), and getting lost (which happens all the time, much to her frustration). 

Youngest: Blaze and Zach (twins) [8 years old]

Blaze- (identical to Zach) curly ginger hair and sparkling eyes, looks up to Ryle and Caden. Loves having multiple passports, and pretending to be Zach. Hates when people call him 'adorable', and when Zach pretends to be him.

Zach- (identical to Blaze) curly ginger hair and sparkling eyes, looks up to Rynia and Adare. Loves trouble, and pretending to be Blaze. Hates when Blaze pretends to be him, and when people call him 'adorable'. 

The cast list is messed up, I know, and I'm still perfecting it. It should be fixed by now...if you're not sure about it, just leave a comment about it, and I'll get back to you about it.

Chapter 6

***Althaia's POV***

I saw Adare standing in a field, and I ran over to my sister. Something shimmered besides her, forming what looked like a blurry mirror image of Adare.